CONFIRMED PRESSING INFO FOR T.C.L. / HWM SPLIT 7"

i noticed that people have been mentioning that the clear purple is the rariest, 6 copies, but it has been on ebay a lot lately. after reading the ebay craziness thread and compiling the discography for the casket lottery, i took the liberty of contacted my bro dan @second nature and see if he could shed some light on this. he wrote back with the "ACTUAL PRESSING INFO". this is not fake in any way, because it comes straight from the source, if you don't know who dan is, he's the guy that does everything @ second nature recordings. those of you that have the CLEAR DARK PURPLE version of this and have been told it is out of 6 copies, well, that is not correct, it is the 2nd pressing, the rarest color of all the pressings is BLACK, this is limited to 6 copies. so here is the breakdown with the description

That whole thing was a little confusing since the purple’s look black at a glance (you can only really tell if you hold it up to light), but I did just go back through all of the invoices for my entire catalog and updated all the pressing info to also include black vinyl instead of just color and according to the invoice black is indeed the rare one, not the purple. joe. thanks again for all the hard work and effort.

dan

Vinyl History:

1st Press:

705 Purple

302 Peach

302 Orange

302 Blue

706 Grey

352 Brown

253 Pink

6 Black

304 Green

2nd Press:

550 Lt. Orange

288 Slate Blue

262 Translucent Dark Purple

Even though the info is coming straight from the source, I still find that hard to believe....or at least puzzling. When I started to collect this release, the black one was one of the very first ones I got, so it wasn't very hard to find. And not that I've been paying too much attention since I got this, but I seem to recall seeing this on eBay quite a lot.

But hey, why not do a VC board roll call. I've got a black one, and I know xrecordx also does. So that's two. Who else?

i gotta say i'm still slightly confused, if there are 262 of this clear purple where are all of them?

and i recall seeing the updated pressing info within the last few months and i just assumed it was a typo listing the clear purple as /262 in the second press but apparently thats the correct info

still seems like more than 6 people have the black too

• 2 weeks later...

stig, i believe you may have one of the most impressive HWM collections i have ever seen. wasn't there a guy in silverstein or something that only collected HWM records? anybody know if that is real?

Thanks Joe. :)

I know there are people who have way more complete collections than I do though. But then again, I only really started collecting HWM hardcore about 1,5 years ago, so I think I've come a long way in a short amount of time. :)