Anyone on anti-depressents (dream question)

thomas

Ever since I started on Lexapro for my anxiety I've been having incredibly crazy and realistic dreams. Before I would hardly ever remember my dreams, but now I remember them all and some are scary as hell. I was wonder if anyone else on this type of medicine experienced the same thing, and if they start to go away once your body adjusts to the drugs.

Ever since I started on Lexapro for my anxiety I've been having incredibly crazy and realistic dreams. Before I would hardly ever remember my dreams, but now I remember them all and some are scary as hell. I was wonder if anyone else on this type of medicine experienced the same thing, and if they start to go away once your body adjusts to the drugs.

I used to take Effexor ER and I have the same shit happen when my body was adjusting to the drug being introduced to my body...and again when i was weening myself of the drug

I've been taking a really low dosage of xanax, for a couple years, to help with mild anxiety. Recently I started seeing a new Dr. who want to ween me off the xanax and start me on lexapro. My point being that I've been reading up on the drug and potential side effects. The vivid dreams is definitely one of them. Overall how do you guys like the Lexapro? I never had an issue w/the xanax, but the doc says the lexapro is non-habit forming, unlike the xanax.

how did you guys ended up on these pills? no judgement here. im just really curious about these things. Your parents noticed something wrong and got you to a doctor/psy? or you were just tired of "climbing the unclimbable wall" and seek help by yourselves?

how much time before you no longer feel anxiety or depression?

does it just make you feel kind of empty and you are no longer affected from these feelings (and any others you might feel) or is it really great medecine that just fix whats not going right?

i know there are plenty of similar drugs that dont fit everybody, have you tried a few before they could prescribe you the good thing? if so what was different with the other ones?

I've had general anxiety disorder for over a year now, and I'm pretty much unable to function at times because of it. I've only been taking lexapro for about 4 weeks, but I think it take 8-12 before it really starts to work. I was on celexa for about a month before, but all it did was make my feel like I had the flu 24/7.

I started taking Effexor ER for Depression and Anxiety but I didn't have any strange dreams. It really messed me up though. I was 1,000 times worse than I was prior to taking it. I took it for about two weeks and just stopped.

That's how I was on celexa. That is the shitty thing about SSRI's, you can try 50 different kinds before you find one that actually works. However they all do have a break-in period of a few weeks where you will feel worse until your body adjusts to them.

how did you guys ended up on these pills? no judgement here. im just really curious about these things. Your parents noticed something wrong and got you to a doctor/psy? or you were just tired of "climbing the unclimbable wall" and seek help by yourselves?

how much time before you no longer feel anxiety or depression?

does it just make you feel kind of empty and you are no longer affected from these feelings (and any others you might feel) or is it really great medecine that just fix whats not going right

i know there are plenty of similar drugs that dont fit everybody, have you tried a few before they could prescribe you the good thing? if so what was different with the other ones?

1. My parents had nothing to do with it, I was at college and ended up in a fit of severe depression where I didn't leave my room for weeks on end...as in, i pissed in a jug and pours it out the window and didn't eat for at least 4-5 days and in those weeks of not leaving my room had anxiety attacks and such...before I finally sought help

2. I don't know that I never felt zero anxiety or zero depression

3 for me it definitely just made me empty as shit, in the middle of my medication one of my really good friends from High School died and I went to the Wake and Funeral and Burial and the whole nine-yards and I literally couldn't cry or feel much of anything...it was kind of weird/terrible

4. I guess I lucked out and just took the Effexor ER for a few years before i peaced-out on it....seemed to do it's job

after being weened off of it though, I definitely feel anxiety most of the time and such...but I feel I'll be alright

this is kindah fucked but who cares, I got this thing where I don't dream at all for months. It sucks, I got like dream envy all bad. I'm talking I recall maybe six or seven dreams a year for the last few years. SO does anyone know if I were to take said drugs if there is a possibility that perhaps I would recall my dreams more frequently?

this is kindah fucked but who cares, I got this thing where I don't dream at all for months. It sucks, I got like dream envy all bad. I'm talking I recall maybe six or seven dreams a year for the last few years. SO does anyone know if I were to take said drugs if there is a possibility that perhaps I would recall my dreams more frequently?

I'd say so, since I was the same and hardly ever remembered any dreams.