Photos of Matt/Kevin,AJJ,Alkaline Trio,Tom Gabel,G

Guest admin1338560633

We just got in some records including the Matt Skiba / Kevin Seconds split, the Andrew Jackson Jihad 10", Guerilla Poubelle 7", Alkaline Trio "Good Mourning" on white (VC exclusive), and the new Tom Gabel 12" which comes with a CD.

A note about the Matt Skiba/Kevin Seconds. Despite what the photos suggest, there are subtle differences with each pressing. The problem is that Rainbo (Asian Man's vinyl manufacturer) doesn't do the best job on splatters or swirls. I spoke to Mike today and he has recently changed the name of each color of each record because of the way it turned out and he said that he will never attempt to order swirl variants from Rainbo. The colors are now as follows:

White w/ Green is now White w/ Charcoal Swirl

White w/ Orange is now Coffee Mate Swirl

White w/ Purple is now White w/ Pink/Blue Splatter

White w/ Blue is now White w/ Pink/Grey Splatter (this one is more of a pink than anything)

There are definitely distinguishable color differences with each variety even though our photos don't show it. And the nice thing is that the album sounds great. Those Matt Skiba tunes are top notch. I dig Kevin's songs, too, but Matt's songs are just amazing.

A note about Good Mourning. When we first started taking pre-orders for this, we were under the impression we would get 2 colors and black vinyl. When we heard of another store offering an exclusive color, we asked what it would take for us to get a color. Cobraside said they would give us white as a VC exlcusive. We also have Green and Black, but those are available at other retailers. The white vinyl is out of an edition of 500 copies, not 300 as earlier suggested. I was told the pressing plant over pressed our exclusive, but 500 is still very limited.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

As much as I love the music Mike spits out of Asian Man, he really needs to start going to Pirate Press. I'd pay a little extra if thats what it takes.

Also, if I ordered Color 2 which translates into green, is it possible to get white in stead? Or are they sold out?

solid colors, clear colors, or split colors are the way to go.

As much as I love the music Mike spits out of Asian Man, he really needs to start going to Pirate Press. I'd pay a little extra if thats what it takes.

Also, if I ordered Color 2 which translates into green, is it possible to get white in stead? Or are they sold out?

Yeah I was going to say Pirates would be Mike's best bet. Now that they seem to have a little more cash flow to be doing vinyl I say they ditch Rainbo. Not to mention, Pirates is local and they could drive into the City to pick up the records couldn't they? Might save them a few bucks?

matt, I just took care of you. you are all set with white. Just so everyone knows, please don't post these requests on the board. email andy, but understand that sometimes andy takes a few days.

matt, I just took care of you. you are all set with white. Just so everyone knows, please don't post these requests on the board. email andy, but understand that sometimes andy takes a few days.

Yeah, I am sorry Virgil. I posted that I did a homer doh. Shant happen again. And thanks!

what are the #'s for the black and green?

are they the same /500 as the white?

i don't remember which color 1 or 2 i guessed at ordering...

ALSO

does this mean that there is still color 1(green) and a color 2 anywhere? or did the color 2 just become VC exclusive and the only colors of this are black, green, white, and blue (AE)..

Does anyone know if Mike got the "Bomb The Music Industry! - Get Warmer" done splatter variants done at Rainbo? Those look beautiful! Especially the white splats on clear. When I showed it to a buddy of mine who is also a record collector, he was like "kind of looks like a few dudes went nuts...literally!" lmao