some kind of cadwallader defect?

so i fucking love this band right? i bought their record on tour a while ago, and now i finally get around to listening to it, and 33 is too slow, and 45 is too fast. fuck. anyone have a copy of this? from what i understand it was the same pressing for the euro pressing and the US pressing, so is anyone else's slow or is mine just fuckeD?

If yours is fucked, the entire pressing is fucked. It may be your turntable.

that's what i was thinking, but i haven't heard anything else about and i am playing another record now and it sounds perfect. the hole was a little small, so i sorta had to jam it on the player to make it normal sized. think that has anything to do with it? i doubt it doe because that wouldn't affect the speed the player spins at.

fix the pitch on your record player!

it's a little dial, that says + ---------- -, and there's probably a small light next to the platter.

when the pitch is perfect, the notches on the side of the platter will appear as if they aren't moving.

if the pitch is fucked, the notches will blur as the turntable operates.

hopefully I described that OK. it may depend on your turntable

If yours is fucked, the entire pressing is fucked. It may be your turntable.

that's what i was thinking, but i haven't heard anything else about and i am playing another record now and it sounds perfect. the hole was a little small, so i sorta had to jam it on the player to make it normal sized. think that has anything to do with it? i doubt it doe because that wouldn't affect the speed the player spins at.

If the hole is too small and you have to jam it on the platter are you sure you pushed it far enough down, if it's not sat on the platter properly it could slip on the spindle which would affect the speed and sound!