shipping. wtf.

mystic84

when i was living in england and selling records, i would wait until i got a few purchases in from the States and recycle those mailers coz the onces you buy in england are pure crap. as apeman mentioned,the mailers are totally worthless.

insound sent me 4 records to australia in a box with no bubble wrap. one of them got heavily dinged, but the shipping rate they charge is so so so low that i dont mind so much. you get what you pay for. the mailer was pretty sturdy, just no bubble wrap or stiffeners inside to keep it all together.

most US labels and distros pack up their records with great care and attention, so even though the system you got over there mystic sucks hard, if you buy from US labels and distros, at least you are minimising the chances of damage as much as possible. if you can find a label/distro that will post to italy....

on a side note, just got a quote for One Starving Day's LP (they are an italian band)- €26 euro posted to australia which is $52 for me. whoa. so the italian system charges heaps and still fucks the records up during transit...

lets hope they dont have to handle this parcel too much!

You don't really have a lot of damage. the mailing box does but your actual records don't. Those are pretty minor dents in the corner of those covers... I don't get stuff like that frequently but it certainly has happened to me a couple times and I don't buy very much. Looked like someone smashed the corner of my one package against a hard flat surface once.

You don't really have a lot of damage. the mailing box does but your actual records don't. Those are pretty minor dents in the corner of those covers... I don't get stuff like that frequently but it certainly has happened to me a couple times and I don't buy very much. Looked like someone smashed the corner of my one package against a hard flat surface once.

Agreed. The damage doesn't look all that bad.

What test press is it?

i have posted this before, but i started including a note (either by email or in the "message" box when using paypal that i copy and paste, that says:

"When packing the record(s) for shipment, could you please remove the record from the picture sleeve and slide it back into the poly-bag behind the picture sleeve - this will prevent the record from moving during transit which causes seam splits in the jacket.

also, if you could reinforce it by adding a very stiff piece of cardboard the same size (or larger) than the record itself, this will help the corners not get bent by the often careless USPS.

I appreciate you packaging these with care!"

maybe you should come up with something similar, and stress a bigger box or stiff reinforcements.

how much is international insurance?

i have posted this before, but i started including a note (either by email or in the "message" box when using paypal that i copy and paste, that says:

"When packing the record(s) for shipment, could you please remove the record from the picture sleeve and slide it back into the poly-bag behind the picture sleeve - this will prevent the record from moving during transit which causes seam splits in the jacket.

also, if you could reinforce it by adding a very stiff piece of cardboard the same size (or larger) than the record itself, this will help the corners not get bent by the often careless USPS.

I appreciate you packaging these with care!"

maybe you should come up with something similar, and stress a bigger box or stiff reinforcements.

how much is international insurance?

Yeah, perhaps I will include something like taht on my nex orders. Honestly I don't know how much is the insured shipping from the US to Italy. It should differ on the value of the stuff insure, too.

If the seller used a bigger box, records could have been weapped and much more protected. Or the stuff could have been sent out divided in two different shippings, inside two box like this and wrapped. Well, whatever.

There were three SW "Boogada" and three test presses. I wouldn't think that it would necessitate a larger box.

I had placed an order with the Vinyl Collective of around 12 records about a year ago. It was mailed in that kind of mailer and was dropped on the corner and all the records had bent corners damaged. I thought the amount of records for the mailer was excessive, but I just sucked it up.

A stiffener piece of cardboard isn't going to prevent corner damage. It sucks, but it happens. The best you can do is ask for some kind of refund.

If the seller used a bigger box, records could have been weapped and much more protected. Or the stuff could have been sent out divided in two different shippings, inside two box like this and wrapped. Well, whatever.

There were three SW "Boogada" and three test presses. I wouldn't think that it would necessitate a larger box.

I had placed an order with the Vinyl Collective of around 12 records about a year ago. It was mailed in that kind of mailer and was dropped on the corner and all the records had bent corners damaged. I thought the amount of records for the mailer was excessive, but I just sucked it up.

A stiffener piece of cardboard isn't going to prevent corner damage. It sucks, but it happens. The best you can do is ask for some kind of refund.

Yeah, three Boogada's butfour test pressings. How do you know? Problem is that mailers are just as big as the record. If they were a little smaller, you could completely wrap the record up.

Yeah, three Boogada's butfour test pressings. How do you know? Problem is that mailers are just as big as the record. If they were a little smaller, you could completely wrap the record up.

I've thought about it a bit more and I'm guessing you probably paid a bit for those test presses. The guy should have done a little better with the packaging.

i was expecting much worse in terms of damage. if you're that worried about packages getting damaged get them insured, im not sure if its available in italy considering how shitty the postal service is over there, but that way someone is responsible if your records arrive fucked up.

Yeah man, insured shipping exists also in Italy. Weird?