shipping. wtf.

mystic84

I'm pissed as fuck. I got today a package and obviuosly the records are all fucked up. Fuck! I got some test pressings, and three copies of Boogada. The tests paper jackets are quite damged, and the corners of the Bogada's are banged. Obviously. I mean, what the hell, if you're a seller you should take care of your records records also when you ship them! Putting six records in just a simple box without no fucking piece of carboard or bubble wrap, means wasting em straight to hell. If you care about them, then find a way to ship them as safe as possible: two different packages, or a big box so you can fill it with protecting materials. This means you care! As No Idea did whne they sjhipped to me six or sevent records. Shipping records the way I got them today, means you don't give a fuck about them and about the buyer too. I hoped the seller would have provided to ship them safely without asking him to. Instead... Dudes I'm so pissed I would throw em in the waste right now. Sorry for this vent.

Also, you live in Italy where the postal service is fucked beyond repair...I've heard nothing but horror stories. As long as the records were in a proper mailer, they should've been fine. Don't blame the sender, blame your fucked up mail system.

Seconded!!! I have no idea what your postal service do with your records but if they don't get stolen they usually end up bashed.

I am amazed that Virgil ships to Italy, so many companies have stopped because the postal system is completely fucked over there. I certainly don't - it is the ONLY place in Europe I won't ship to!

By the way, how are the packages that you receive and that have been shipped inside the States? I mean, are they alwasy perfect with no bangs? Or what? I ask you this because I have no idea about this: I just see boxes shipped by italian mailmen (...).

Most domestic shipments I receive arrive 100% perfect. Occasionally, you get a dinged corner or a slight warp. I've never received anything broken or damaged to the point where I was pissed off. You take your chances with mail order.

By the way, how are the packages that you receive and that have been shipped inside the States? I mean, are they alwasy perfect with no bangs? Or what? I ask you this because I have no idea about this: I just see boxes shipped by italian mailmen (...).

Most domestic shipments I receive arrive 100% perfect. Occasionally, you get a dinged corner or a slight warp. I've never received anything broken or damaged to the point where I was pissed off. You take your chances with mail order.

I'm forced to take my chances, since here are no record stores that sell the records I like. So for me mail order is the only way to go.

I wonder why the italian postal system sucks ass so much. Probably italian mailmen don't give a fuck about what they're handling so we end up receiving stuff which insn't, once arrived, in the same condition it was when it got mailed out. This is very very sad.

You've got a few things working against you. First, you live in Italy where, as stated, your postal service is notoriously bad. Second, you're on the other side of the ocean, and it costs more to ship. The more extraneous packaging used the more it will cost, and of course no one ever wants to pay for the shipping.

You know what? I guess postal services in general shoul be held responsible for damaged stuff a little more often. Do you think I'm the only italian guy who's pissed with the italian postal service? Maybe if we begin to make our voices heard, things can change. If we just get pissed and nothing more, everything will be always the same. And in the end, when you ship something you put it in the postal service hands, trusting it. Unfortunately I guess the postal service can't be held responsible for dameged stuff. But I wonder, who must be held responsible for the stuff that get damged during shipping, if not people who handles it and delivers it at my door?

You can blame the postal system and the fact that he is overseas all you want, but in my opinion if it's packaged right, these type of problems are few and far between. I package the hell out of anything I ship. The better something is packed, the better the condition it will arrive in.

That's what I told, among all the other stuff.

I live overseas, and the general rule with vinyl shipped from the States is that well-packed records arrive safely - and carelessly packed records arrive looking like crap.

Of course, while dealing with relatively fragile material like record sleeves you can't avoid the eventual small bumps and tiny crushes to the corners. But sturdy mailers, bubble wrap and shipping lp's outside of the outer jackets and making sure that the contents won't slide around inside the box during transit - that'll make sure most problems never happen.

The one single country, that I've been having reoccurring trouble with receiving records from, is England. The quality of their record mailers is extremely bad - floppy, thin cardboard that offers no protection and vanishes into thin air after just the slightest exposure to water.

I'm forced to take my chances, since here are no record stores that sell the records I like. So for me mail order is the only way to go.

I wonder why the italian postal system sucks ass so much. Probably italian mailmen don't give a fuck about what they're handling so we end up receiving stuff which insn't, once arrived, in the same condition it was when it got mailed out. This is very very sad.

That sucks!!! You guys have a great rock n roll scene out there. I love Love Boat!

I get stuff from Italy alot, always in good condition.