Boris

I only have have Altar, Pink and Vein on vinyl. I have 10-12 Boris CDs though. they used to be one of my favourite bands but ever since they started to release 4-6 copies of each and every release they put out I've lost faith, that and the fact that they put out like 5 splits and collaborations in the last year without a new album was also kind of lame. Supporting them has just become too tiresome. Hopefully the new album is really good, because then I will buy it.

I was contemplating buying "pink" today but it was 18 dollars...although i probably won't be able to find it for much cheaper

nah. it's 17.77 or something stupid directly form the label. fucking SL mailorder.

i've recently gotten into boris. have akuma no uta, pink, rainbow, damaged & the wata 7" on vinyl. i dare say i'll be getting both the japanese and the US version of the album. the job diwphalanx did on pink was great and its so hard to get nowadays.

theres the 7" too - 'statement' - as adverted by SL.

its just a shame the SL and Inoxia seem to be in the business of fleecing their customers for as much as poss. that rainbow box was unbelievable, all the fecking altar represses are getting ridiculous. guess they all took some notes from Hydrahead (lets do pelican releases in every colour imaginable).

oh, so cynical...

http://cgi.ebay.com/BORIS-SUNN-ALTAR-DAYMARE-RECORDINGS-3-LP-SEALED-BONUS_W0QQitemZ260201851432QQihZ016QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

probably the cheapest youll ever find the daymare release of the altar 3xlp.

saw a black copy of it at a local record store this evening--thought those were long gone.

altar is pretty much the only material from sunn that ive ever really found tolerable--maybe because of boris' involvement--i dunno. boris is pretty rad but id never shell out the money to track down some of their records.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BORIS-SUNN-ALTAR-DAYMARE-RECORDINGS-3-LP-SEALED-BONUS_W0QQitemZ260201851432QQihZ016Q QcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

probably the cheapest youll ever find the daymare release of the altar 3xlp.

saw a black copy of it at a local record store this evening--thought those were long gone.

altar is pretty much the only material from sunn that ive ever really found tolerable--maybe because of boris' involvement--i dunno. boris is pretty rad but id never shell out the money to track down some of their records.

this is a good deal..

i cant stand sunn as a recording entity. Live, you start to get the point of what they are trying to do, but i can only do that in small doses.

altar, i absolutely love and i'm sure its because of boris involvement. it just seems to work so well. the addition of boris songwriting and melodic sensiblities (as well as the awesome drumming of atsuo) gives the sunn drones direction and listenability (is that a word?).

i love the rock albums that boris have done (heavy rocks, akuma no uta, pink, rainbow) but i'm pretty much bored stiff of their drone stuff.

if you wanna give boris a go, get pink or akuma no uta. both are equally as good as each other.