808s & heartbreaks

chaps

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this Kanye? I heard it sucks, and that's from Kanye fans, so it's got to be absolute garbage since he sucks in general. If I didn't know any better, I'd question whether or not he was a functional citizen because he sounds pretty retarded with what he says and how he says it.

If it's not Kanye, disregard that. Or just apply it to new Kanye anyway, since it's still valid.

Is this Kanye? I heard it sucks, and that's from Kanye fans, so it's got to be absolute garbage since he sucks in general. If I didn't know any better, I'd question whether or not he was a functional citizen because he sounds pretty retarded with what he says and how he says it.

If it's not Kanye, disregard that. Or just apply it to new Kanye anyway, since it's still valid.

Haha yes its kanye. Your opinion is noted lol.

I've given it two listens and I think I actually really like it. I like the idea of no samples, just Kanye, 808 and autotune and some synth parts.

It's definitely something different, is it a gimmick? Yeah, most likely. But I think I like this more as an album more then most rap records. It flows well as an album I feel and its not like most rap CDs that I'll only listen to 2-3 tracks off of.

Although I know most critics feel more like MCM, I'm interested to hear what other people think.

I've given it two listens and I think I actually really like it. I like the idea of no samples, just Kanye, 808 and autotune and some synth parts.

It's definitely something different, is it a gimmick? Yeah, most likely. But I think I like this more as an album more then most rap records. It flows well as an album I feel and its not like most rap CDs that I'll only listen to 2-3 tracks off of.

Although I know most critics feel more like MCM, I'm interested to hear what other people think.

To be fair, I haven't heard this one yet, but honestly I've heard next to nothing positive about this, and Kanye West is a dumb human being. He makes DMX sound like Einstein because his lyrics are so asinine.

To be fair, I haven't heard this one yet, but honestly I've heard next to nothing positive about this, and Kanye West is a dumb human being. He makes DMX sound like Einstein because his lyrics are so asinine.

so, this seems to be my problem, kanye, NEVER has good lyrics. He's all about some killer beats and sweet guests (Lupe or Talib anyone?) so here while some of the guests shine, he kinda falls flat. The Young Jeezy verse is my fav overall on the album. and when i first heard love lockdown, i was like meh, then fall out boy did that cover, which, IMO was better than kanye's original...

its inventive, its something new. but please, for the love of all that is holy, kanye, never use autotune again.

that said, this is gonna sell millions.

so, this seems to be my problem, kanye, NEVER has good lyrics. He's all about some killer beats and sweet guests (Lupe or Talib anyone?) so here while some of the guests shine, he kinda falls flat. The Young Jeezy verse is my fav overall on the album. and when i first heard love lockdown, i was like meh, then fall out boy did that cover, which, IMO was better than kanye's original...

its inventive, its something new. but please, for the love of all that is holy, kanye, never use autotune again.

that said, this is gonna sell millions.

its kinda sad when kanye claims he's "the voice of this generation," when really, the majority of his rhymes suck. he has some clever lines that i think are pretty all right, but for the most part, yes he does fall flat with the guests he has on his records (ie mos def). but the guy knows how to write catchy songs with great hooks and make great beats. but all of that is missing from this album.

i'm not gonna buy it.

i know some of you will probably say College Dropout was his best, but personally, i liked Graduation the most. gone are the stupid skits and filler tracks.

i feel college dropout had some of his best work and his rhymes were the tightest there than any of of his output...but he def. stepped up his beats on late registration and graduation...but his rhymes overall on those were just awful.

kanye, youre a producer...start making beats and drop this silly rap thing.

Finally got a promo of this and thank god I didnt spend any money on this album. I loved the first 3 Kanye albums but this is fucking awful. I had to wait til track 6 to hear the first semi-decent song. Boring beats, terrible vocals and almost no rapping. The vocals dont even sound like Kanye. Super boring album.

I'm in love with this record. I read a review of it that describes it perfectly. They talked the beats being very stripped down and the constant use of the vocoder to show Kanye as almost a robot. Almost like the tin-man after being ripped of his heart. It's definitely different than his previous records, but I think he accomplished what he set out to do; get some shit off his chest in a slightly different way than he'd previously tried. Plus, new Kanye record coming in a few months!

Guest kingbuzzo

I don't understand the hate for this album. It's not his best album but it's a lot better than The Graduation. I didn't like even one track on that album. The autotune doesn't bother me and it feels right with the beats.

Good for him for doing something outside of what people expect from him, but I checked it out today and it sort of just sounded like if Wall-E was really bummed out and decided to make a record.

Gloomy Beats and Robot Voice.

In fact, that's sort of a better album title isn't it?

I imagine one could put the time in and things would start to jump out at them, but as a first listen, to me it really sounds really same-y.