The Effort - From Our Mistakes Preorder

Posting this from Tony.

The Effort - "From Our Mistakes" ep (2008)

Hellfish Family

recorded and mixed by Ryan Stack at Andrews Lane Studio

mastered by Nick Z at New Alliance East

artwork by Ryan Eyestone

Track Listing

1: We Can Learn

2: From Our Mistakes

3: And Misfortunes

So pre-orders should be up NOW so I figured now would be a good time to let some people know what's going on with the release. Like I've said before, we wanted to make sure this was the most personal release we've done to date. In order for this to happen we hooked up with Michael from Hellfish and Ryan Eyestone because we knew both of these dudes would do whatever it took to get this EP out in the most unique way possible. All the 7" jackets are multi-colored silk screened covers.

The idea behind the EP was to write 3 cohesive songs which I felt would properly express the issues I feel are facing our generation as society's future leaders. To represent the 3 songs fuller we decided that we would use 3 main colors of vinyl and 3 corresponding versions of the artwork. This might not make complete sense until you see the art (below)

[image]

[image]

[image]

Here is the pressing info as well

225 red vinyl with fire cover

200 clear vinyl with cloud cover

175 green vinyl with tree cover

100 black vinly with pre-order cover (hand numbered)

50 black vinyl with record release cover (hand numbered)

10 test press (hand written covers)

250 assorted color vinyl for to be announced presses

Packages should be up soon, but just so everyone knows, DO NOT EMAIL HELLFISH ABOUT A TEST PRESS. He is not selling test presses, neither are we. In order to try and make hardcore a little more ethical again, we will be raffling off the 3 remaining test presses to people who pre-order the package with the option to enter the raffle. Also if you pre-order the record, you will receive the digital download of the EP that day.

Buy it here

http://hellfishfamily.com/?id=store

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ordered the three different cover package. Mine arrived today and I am in Canada.

In 15 + years of mail ordering, I have never received such a beat to shit package! The cardboard mailer was almost ripped in half! The covers are fucked which is too bad as they are really beautiful. In all my days I have never seen bent vinyl. Broken yes, but bent?

It's really too bad, I blame no one but the Canada Post. Nice work.