Vegan Baking Apreesh

Guest falloutcollapse

You can just make cake from a mix if you just substitute the eggs. There's no milk in cake mixes, I believe. As a result there's absolutely no difference in texture/taste. It's still terrible for you!

I've never tried making them from scratch because I'm lazy, but every time I try a brownie mix vegan-style it ends up being shitty. Cake always turns out fine. Cookies, no problem. But I'm terrible at brownies.

Guest genericinsight
So the only difference between vegan and real cake is a lack of milk and eggs then I guess, right?

Yeah, basically. Boxed egg replacers are generally used, though apple sauce works well as one too (and gives it a really sweet taste depending on how much chocolate there is in the mix).

I ate a vegan cupcake tonight and it was yummy. I'm not even vegan but I LOVE vegan baked goods.

Guest genericinsight
You can just make cake from a mix if you just substitute the eggs. There's no milk in cake mixes, I believe. As a result there's absolutely no difference in texture/taste. It's still terrible for you!

I've never tried making them from scratch because I'm lazy, but every time I try a brownie mix vegan-style it ends up being shitty. Cake always turns out fine. Cookies, no problem. But I'm terrible at brownies.

What do you use for an egg replacer? I've always used apple sauce in traditional Duncan Heines brownie mixes and they've turned out fine.

for baking there are many options for egg replacers and I use different ones for different flavors

I use applesauce for spiced things

bananas for already banana flavored things

ground up flax seeds for nutty flavored things

and ener-g egg replacer for anything else http://www.ener-g.com/store/detail.aspx?section=8&cat=8&id=97

you can also use tofu and soy yogurt check here for ways to use these things if you are interested http://www.theppk.com/veganbaking.html

I do the same with milk and use almond milk for nutty things, rice milk and soy milk for other things, and vanilla soy milk for a little extra sweetness

I actually don't bake much but my mom is an awesome vegan baker... I love when there are holidays and I get to have all her yummy cookies, tarts, cakes and everything else

Guest falloutcollapse
so v doesnt get on vc for like a month and then starts posting baking threads?? NERD ALERT!!!

hahahahahah love you too dude.

If anyone wants the recipe, let me know!

Guest xsteponmex
so v doesnt get on vc for like a month and then starts posting baking threads?? NERD ALERT!!!

hahahahahah love you too dude.

If anyone wants the recipe, let me know!

what kind are they? i love baking!