PO: Young Widows Split 7" Series!!

deafmx

http://temporaryresidence.com/bands/young-widows.php

from the TRL december newsletter:

YOUNG WIDOWS SPLIT SERIES AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER!!!

Following on the heels of their breakthrough Old Wounds album, Young Widows have assembled the all-killer-no-filler split single series, featuring four new, unreleased Young Widows jams, split up over four separate 7" singles, accompanied by a handful of their favorite friends and artists on the opposite sides of each single. Those artists include Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Melt-Banana, Pelican, and a final mystery artist to be named at a later date. All songs by all artists are brand new and exclusive to this series. Each single is strictly limited to a one-time pressing of 2,000 copies. The artwork for the four singles fits together to form one large, beautiful puzzled image. We will only be making enough colored vinyl for those who order the entire set directly from us. We will not sell the colored vinyl separately, and the colored vinyl will not be available in stores. Each single will be shipped to you the month before it is officially released, beginning with the Young Widows/Bonnie 'Prince' Billy single in February. The cost of the entire set is $25 (additional shipping costs for International orders). Full set orders are only available in the month of December, so order now, donkey!

http://temporaryresidence.com/descriptions/trr151-154.php

Sounds cool.

With 2000 pressed, these should be easily available for a while.

Yes, but if you want the color vinyl you have to make an order for the set within December. They're only making enough sets of color vinyl for the amount of pre-orders they get in December.

Everything after that will be black vinyl. I'll probably be snagging both sets of colors. Gotta love the Widows.

Sounds cool.

With 2000 pressed, these should be easily available for a while.

We will only be making enough colored vinyl for those who order the entire set directly from us. We will not sell the colored vinyl separately, and the colored vinyl will not be available in stores.

jussayin

i've been meaning to check this band out

good starting point?

might buy this just to check em out and for the melt banana split..

Any point is a good starting point, but 'Old Wounds' is a great introduction.

I'd go:

Old Wounds

Coliseum split 7"

Settle Down City

think of the band like this: they CONSTANTLY moving forward, so hop on and hold on for dear life, and don't assume they're gonna play your favorite song from anything when seeing them live, they're the kind of band that once they start writing new material, the new material is what they're gonna play. and in my opinion everything new that comes out is the new best record they've released.

oh and they're a crazy perfectionist band live, so their records sound exactly like their live records...and in fact the new LP is a mixture of live and studio recordings.

I really like the "Old Wounds" record, and i'm super stoked for new songs but honestly the bands on these splits don't really interest me at all. But still i've ordered the whole set.

Yeah I didn't even look at who the splits were with, don't really care...i'm not buying em for them...if their sides are good, then that's a bonus...

i really like settle down city, old wounds seems kinda short but it's still good. i think any point in their catalog is a good starting point. something for everyone. or just start with breather resist and get obsessed!

you forgot the plows split ;) can't remember if it's even an exclusive song anymore.

and

"We will only be making enough colored vinyl for those who order the entire set directly from us. We will not sell the colored vinyl separately, and the colored vinyl will not be available in stores. Full set orders are only available in the month of December, so order now, donkey!"

personally, i can't wait to hear the bonnie prince billy split. i really need to start buying his vinyl, i've been slacking bigtime on collecting his stuff.

i really like settle down city, old wounds seems kinda short but it's still good. i think any point in their catalog is a good starting point. something for everyone. or just start with breather resist and get obsessed!

you forgot the plows split ;) can't remember if it's even an exclusive song anymore.

and

"We will only be making enough colored vinyl for those who order the entire set directly from us. We will not sell the colored vinyl separately, and the colored vinyl will not be available in stores. Full set orders are only available in the month of December, so order now, donkey!"

personally, i can't wait to hear the bonnie prince billy split. i really need to start buying his vinyl, i've been slacking bigtime on collecting his stuff.

i knew there was something else I couldn't think of.... yeah the plows split is rad too...and i'm too lazy to check and see if the song is exclusive.

Bonnie Prince Billy is awesome. That guy writes some of the best music there is.

i was tempted to just buy his records on sunday for myself and forget about the VC secret santa gift :-X i really want the album with dawn mccarthy (faun fables). i think that's my mission after xmas is over and done with. i've been digging his stuff for years but he never comes here on tour.