Polar fucking bear club

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been hearing a lot about this band. What style of music to they play?

To be as brief as possible, they sound a lot like Smoke or Fire. Melodic post-punk a la Jawbox, Burning Airlines, etc.

I would say they remind me of slightly more polished, less raw version of Smoke or Fire,mixed with a bit of NFG...this band could go far with the sound they have, but in short, they are definitely over hyped, but they've created that for themselves, this bands doing it the right way by touring and playing a ton of shows. The over hype is well deserved. yay! first post.

To be as brief as possible, they sound a lot like Smoke or Fire. Melodic post-punk a la Jawbox, Burning Airlines, etc.

I would say they remind me of slightly more polished, less raw version of Smoke or Fire,mixed with a bit of NFG...this band could go far with the sound they have, but in short, they are definitely over hyped, but they've created that for themselves, this bands doing it the right way by touring and playing a ton of shows. The over hype is well deserved. yay! first post.

How can a band be overhyped and also deserve it? Surely that just makes them a really good band? ???

yeah we (devildance) wanted to release the lp and the ep on vinyl too. emailed the band and red leader... no response from anyone. so wierd. ive met the dude that runs red leader a bunch of times and hes a real nice guy... and i know hes doing the vinyl for his other band scream hello... maybe he's got plans to do it himself. still, wouldnt you email people back and say "hey thanks but no thanks"? anyway from a business prospective it seems like a no brainer... i hope he does it.

Guest genericinsight

Matt Red Leader is a great guy, he's just bad at responding to emails. Think about it, that's probably a question he gets on a daily basis regarding the PBC vinyl. He can't guarantee that just because one person says "Hey, I'll put it out" means they will actually follow through with it.

He's a great guy, just don't take him not getting back to you about it personally.

vinyl vlog is meeting with these guys on monday

we will get any vinyl news from these guys that is available...

just so you kids SHUT UP!

also, fucking bruins game and polar bear club in the same night...kickass!

:)

Bruins fan? God damn our team is killing it this year. Kessel is scary good.