BARONESS Red Album very last copies for sale now.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting pretty laughable. People shouldn't be defending the person who runs this label. Some of you have gotten your records, awesome, it just doesn't face the fact that A LOT of people haven't. You cannot blame that on the post office. I think it's ridiculous. I order from many, many distros and labels that are one or two person operations (eg: Mimaroglu, Not Not Fun, Night People, Woodsist, Archive, Hospital, etc.) who always send stuff out, and usually it is in a timely manner. The fact that every time I manage to get in contact with this guy and tell him that it's about an order I placed last April, and then I don't hear form him again for a couple of months until I contact him again is extremely sketchy.

in my opinion, i love to buy stuffs from indie store more than mutiple-categories merch store....

:)

I will always support the small label or distro over any other kind of store, but there are definitely a few I won't ever deal with again.

Well Put Justin...

Well i guess none of you guys ever collected vinyl in the early 80's and early 90's. you're lucky if you got your records within 2 months at the least...

Seriously the guy has a job and a life.. I don't know if any of you remember this, but his two best friends were shot in the neck after a show recently. One is paralyzed for the time being.. That takes a toll on you and you aren't in the right mindframe to be doing stuff accordingly. Thus his free time was spent with his friends. I'm sure most would understand if he was out of the loop for a good timeframe. I know this thread seems like a bunch of people bitching, but you'd be surprised on how little it has become over a certain time.. Not everyone posts after they received their vinyl. Leaving everyone thinking there's 40 to 50 who got ripped off, when in fact it's only a handful or two at the most who didn't receive their vinyl.

I'm sure Pat will take care of them accordingly... just have to be patient....

Just sayin'

Well i guess none of you guys ever collected vinyl in the early 80's and early 90's. you're lucky if you got your records within 2 months at the least...

Yeah well, I collect vinyl in the 00s and I had to wait 11 months to get mine.

You guys had it so easy.

He bungled this release. Doesn't make him a bad guy and he probably does a good job with other releases, but this one he fucked up.

I'm indy isn't an excuse. There are plenty of other labels who do it right.

Yeah well, I collect vinyl in the 00s and I had to wait 11 months to get mine.

You guys had it so easy.

He bungled this release. Doesn't make him a bad guy and he probably does a good job with other releases, but this one he fucked up.

I'm indy isn't an excuse. There are plenty of other labels who do it right.

actually i didn't even order the Baroness record. mine was the Alcest one. almost 6 months ago he said he'd give me a refund and then just stopped replying to my emails.

I'm the next one who didn't receive the order.

I don't think that it's only a few who didn't receive their vinyl. I know a few and I'm sure they are not the only ones...

I don't care what problems has Pat in his private life. The thing is that i paid over 40 USD to him over 6 months ago. Every time I try to contact about my order he either keeps silent or replies after a few weeks and asks strange questions trying to convince me that my address is incorrect or that my order is lost somewhere. I have a friend who has exact same situation, keeps writing to Pat and asking and receives same answers from him. Isn't it strange?

I have also been trying to ask Pat to get my money back. He has never answered to this mail so I deceided to write to him here.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW! HOPE YOU ARE NOT A THIEF.

I ordered the Red Album when they found a box of them or whatever in early December and haven't seen it yet. Pat checked to see if I got it about two weeks ago, I replied no, but haven't heard anything since. But after hearing what happened when this initially went on sale, I wasn't expecting to actually get it any time soon. Shit happens, he seems like a legit dude, it gets here when it gets here. Kick back and have a beer in the meantime.

i'm not saying this to discount other people's problems, which i'm sure they have, but in my dealing w/ pat, he's been quick to reply to emails and quick to ship. i ordered at the end of september and the record was shipped out the next day.

some people got lucky i guess. but it's strange to see people sticking up for this label when it's very apparent that a lot of people have been screwed around, and they are right to be upset. i posted in a thread a month or so ago asking Pat a question about an order, and he pm'd me giving me an email address, then when i replied stating that it was about a refund, i didn't hear from him again.

i hate complaining about this and i have nothing but respect for you guys that do run small labels, but sometimes it's just bullshit.