Is it cool or lame to press existing LPs as 2xLPs?

vardcore

i would be up for this, but have not really noticed any problems on the lp. maybe the last song on each track gets a little distorted, but my record player doesnt do so well with that inner groove business...anyways, maybe its just a mental thing, but i would pay a good amount for a 180g 2xlp of fuel. think about it.

if you want to do it for one or two albums that you really love, and that you think a lot of other people love (the album you're talking about, for example, i think would definitely fit that description...) then do it, but keep it simple. either all on black, or most on black with a few copies pressed on ONE color. not 5, not 10. then the collectors would still be buying multiple copies, but people wouldn't be getting frustrated/fed up with the label for doing something really cool for seemingly no other reason but to make money.

and yes, i know it's a business, but i think you know what i'm getting at. and var, this isn't in any way a knock against you, i'm just trying to make you see it from one fan's point of view.

It's worked for years, why would he change his plan now?

The whole "ripping fans off" comes off as a huge load of crap to me. It's as if you realize how much money you're spending, and feel as if you need some sort of justification for doing so. Rather than thinking "maybe I don't need 30 copies of 'Remains'", you look for someone else to blame. If I'm in a store, and feel they're ripping me off, I'll walk right out without buying anything. You're not obligated to buy a single thing, and if you view it as getting ripped off, you definitely shouldn't be buying anything.

Record collecting is supposed to be fun, exciting, "about the music", and all that jazz. What the hell are you doing if every record you buy is accompanied with a complaint, as if it's something you have to do?

(Note that "you" isn't refering to you (danthemjfan23), but just people who complain about this crap in general.)

(I guess a [/rant] is in line. I think these thoughts every time I see the "ripping people off" comment posted, but for some reason right now I felt like typing out my thoughts. Feel free to ignore/smite :-/ .)

i would be up for this, but have not really noticed any problems on the lp. maybe the last song on each track gets a little distorted, but my record player doesnt do so well with that inner groove business...anyways, maybe its just a mental thing, but i would pay a good amount for a 180g 2xlp of fuel. think about it.

I was actually just listening to No Division tonight and I thought there was fuzz on the needle because it started sounded kind of distorted. I think you are right.

Also, I agree with whoever said to do a box set. I think if you do the double LP, you could test the waters with a HWM box set. I already own a lot of the stuff, but it could still be super cool.

The whole "ripping fans off" comes off as a huge load of crap to me. It's as if you realize how much money you're spending, and feel as if you need some sort of justification for doing so. Rather than thinking "maybe I don't need 30 copies of 'Remains'", you look for someone else to blame. If I'm in a store, and feel they're ripping me off, I'll walk right out without buying anything. You're not obligated to buy a single thing, and if you view it as getting ripped off, you definitely shouldn't be buying anything.

Record collecting is supposed to be fun, exciting, "about the music", and all that jazz. What the hell are you doing if every record you buy is accompanied with a complaint, as if it's something you have to do?

yes, yes, and yes. did i mention yes?

and I agree with the pack more or less: a 2xLP if it warrants it. I'm not into variants, but I'd probably spring for delux version of certain No Idea releases, this being one of them.

Jason Black has the photos somewhere but some kid did a HWM box set for a school project and it looked fucking amazing. The box was silk screened to look like an amp. It was really impressive. It was obviously fake but it was supposed to be all the LP's and I think another LP of stuff that wasn't on a 12" before. Var do that.