new anime thread

andrew13

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ghost in the Shell 2.0 is a renewal version of the 1995 film produced as part of celebration for the release of The Sky Crawlers in 2008. For the Version 2.0, all the animation were re-produced with latest technologies such as 3D-CGI, and the soundtrack was also renewed.

All the voices were re-recorded again. Notably, the voice actor of "Puppet Master" was changed from Iemasa Kayumi to Yoshiko Sakakibara. Some dialogs were changed from the original.

Kenji Kawai remixed music with 6.1 Channel Surround and Randy Thom of Skywalker Sound joined as Sound Designer to improve the sound."

From anidb.net

It is also in HD.

I didn't either. I just saw a release on a Japanese torrent site and looked it up. The Sky Crawlers movie looks pretty good too. It has nothing to do with Ghost in the Shell so it is odd they remade it in celebration of that movie, but hopefully it is cool. I'll be sure to let you all know how it is compared to the original.

Also Juan, free leech on my site ends in a few days so I'll get that DVD done for you then.

I just finished the Ghost the Shell remake. It is the same thing, with updated sound and redrawn visuals and some cgi. The CGI looks dumb, but there is not much of it. The original is better, but this is nice to see in HD, but I'll stick with my original copy. I didn't notice the different dialouge, but it has been like 2 years since I last watched the original so I don't remember what was not there.

i watched Akira again on new yrs eve instead of going out. so great. i kinda wish they would have made a sequal with the other half the manga. i guess with the movies, they're doing 2 of them, one will be the first movie basically and the second will be the rest of the manga. i'm guessing it'll follow the manga though and not the movie.

Chaos;Head's ending was a huge let down. New season starts next week, so hopefully we'll get some decent shows.

Yeah it took a while for it to get interesting then it ended like that. I hope the new season starts out good, but anime series tend to back track a little at the beginning of new seasons so hopefully they keep the ball rolling from the end of the first one.

Do you know anything about Black Blood Brothers? Is this a currently running series or did it end after season 1?