Post Pictures of Your Pets

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's pics of my dog, Bailey. He is from the pound and when I got him he was pretty sick. He had mange and pneumonia. He is feeling better now, but driving me crazy. They said that he is a boxer, but he looks like a mix to me. Anybody got any ideas on the exact mix?

that is a pretty baby!!

Thanks! He's a handful though, to say the least. :o

Anyone else call their dog a million different things?

My dog Miley will respond to Miley, Miles, Miles Davis, Tabitha (old name of hers), Tabby, Mu-Mu, My-My, poo-face, poopy-breath, poopy-head, pup, puppy, dog... just about anything.

my cat buffy has 1982719 names.

buffy, buffball, buffster, buff, buffy wuffy foo foo, pretty pretty princess, barfy buffy, boofy, etc etc.

my sis changed her cat's name a million times. allie, awwie, winston, grasshopper, fluffball, fluff...the poor cat cant possibly know his name.

my dog's names are griffen, griffy, grif, griffendor (harry potter anyone?), griffenator, griffen-eater, "good boy" (haha), pukey mcpukes a lot, baby boy, old man, and a lot more i can't think of right now

i think that stems from the fact that your pets either come with a name.. or you name them before you actually get to know them...

my cats were Paper-cut and Scarface for about a month after I got them as kittens (they're black cats, I couldn't give them cutesy names). Just long enough for the vet to think I was a total weirdo. Now they are just Fatty and Skinny aka a million other variations

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was my cat, Stück, before my ex decided to give him to her sister.

He was/is the best cat in the world, but I guess everyone says that.

[image]

This is Strummer. He's a total pain in the ass, but I love him.

Adopted from the local SPCA.

[image]

[image]

I laugh every time he takes a shit... he always looks so concerned/embarrassed.

• 1 month later...

I'm guessin I'm the only one here that has 2 of these

[image]

[image]

They're both a little over a year old. We saved the black one from a really shitty family. He was malnourished and smelt terrible cuz he was coped up in a cage covered in his own feces. He had developed a bacteria that was eating away at his skin causing him to loose his fur. We had him treated by a really good vet and now he's fully healthy and built like a bad ass.

<3 Erik

On the destroying things aspect, does anyone know how to deal with a dog that has separation anxiety?

Miley, my chocolate lab / aussie shepard mix I posted, is the most well behaved, obedient dog on the planet when I'm around. She sleeps at my heel, she follows me as I take the garbage out, she goes in her crate without any fighting at all, everything a good dog does.

Because she's so attached though, if I leave her alone, she has to be crated because otherwise she throws tantrums. Anything she can grab gets shredded (usually just papers, one time it was a CD case full of DVDs I had to replace for a roommate, and once she got a stuffed soccer ball). As soon as I come home, she knows she did something wrong and cowers (probably a side effect of being beaten by her first owner) and she gets as low as possible, then shimmies close to me and tries to apologize. My mom's dog Lucy is left alone all the time and never does anything, but this one has to be crated, even if I run to the store and am back in 5 minutes.

There's no problems in the crate, really, I just feel bad about having to put her in there. Should I not even worry and just continue to crate her, or can I somehow get her to stop flipping out when she's alone?

I wish i could give you a solid answer, as i can see this could be a pretty devastating problem. I noticed you said her previous owner abused her, so it might be safe to assume the dog's behavior is caused by some sort psychological problems associated with that. Is it only when you leave that the dog acts up? Or is it when she's completely alone?

dogs like the confined space really, as long as the crate is a place of love its not a problem to continue crating her. I crate my pup as well when I leave the house, it works out.

Sweet! Your dog and I have the same taste in music!

Haha. That shirt was a little pricey, but so worth it. And it's the only thing we've ever put on him that he seems completely comfortable in.

I have the same shirt, but I'll be damned if we wear them at the same time...dressing up my dog is bad enough. Matching is a whole new low.

:(

My mom just called me to tell me that my dog Bibbs, who is 11 years old, has been sick all week and hasn't eaten, so she took her to the vet. The vet found a cancerous tumor in her lungs and they are going to put her to sleep. I'm totally bummed. Once they do so, two of my dogs will have died this year.

[image]

[image]