my feelings on the HWM/ABF tour presses

Is that the way all of the records are going to look? or is that an exclusive color too?

I'm one of the people who is getting one and didn't attend the show. I can understand why it would piss people off, but just because I can't make it to the show doesn't mean I should miss out too. Having someone grab one for me at a show saves me from having to pay an outlandish amount on ebay, which I'm sure is going to happen with some. Plus, if the band wanted people to get them as a momento of the show, it'd be one per person and they wouldn't have to charge $20 a whack to avoid flipping. Anyway, I hope you get one, but don't blame me if you don't. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

EDIT: First one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Water-Music-Till-the-Wheels-Fall-Off-Tour-Double-LP_W0QQitemZ180209236464QQihZ008QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wah wah who cares, people will do it anyways. you get to go to the show AND SEE THE BAND. the merch shouldnt affect how good the show was. i drove to chicago for the Small Brown Bike reunions and they didnt have even a shirt. a special momento?! people take this stuff way too seriously. seeing the band should be the memory not the merch.

wah wah who cares, people will do it anyways. you get to go to the show AND SEE THE BAND. the merch shouldnt affect how good the show was. i drove to chicago for the Small Brown Bike reunions and they didnt have even a shirt. a special momento?! people take this stuff way too seriously. seeing the band should be the memory not the merch.

True, the memory should be what you should cherish, but what's wrong with merch. When i see my band shirts from time to time they remind me of certain things that happened at that show or time period in my life that i normally wouldn't have thought of at any other time. Who i was with? The Ride up to see the show, etc etc. A piece of merch can sometimes tell a story as well. It's not always just a record you got at a show.

Merch from shows to some can be like an equivalent to pictures from a vacation. You don't need the pics to remind you of a vacation you had, but its nice to have them as a visual and not just a thought in the back of your mind, It's to remind yourself from time to time of those moments in your life. That's just me...

The tour version vinyl is definitely a great added bonus to attending a show. I see where you are coming from and understand what you are saying. I'm trying to get a copy of the tour edition and I'm not going to be attending any of the shows, not because I dont want to but because I dont have a spare $1000(airplane tickets,hotel,food,show tickets,beer etc.etc.) laying around to make this happen. At least you have the chance to see them possibly for the last time, I would give up trying to get a copy of the tour vinyl to be at any of these shows.

I personally am taking a 7 hour bus ride to the 2/2 Chicago date and I'm as excited about seeing HWM and Able Baker Fox as I am getting a copy of the tour press/editions. I just one of each, Able Baker Fox, and HWM.

However, at the end of the show, if there is ANY remaining, I'll pick up a couple extra for the people on this board. If I do get some I'll post another topic on here about it. I'm not selling them for profit either. I'll just charge what I was charged at the show...

Not to sound like a dick, but dude SHIT happens. I've gone to see many of shows and not gotten tour presses or colored vinyl and what not and yeah it bums me out but something else great will be realeased and you'll get the most limited version of that and it will all balance out. Start buying copies of records you think will be good trade bait and trade for them if you don't get them. Or go to ebay. They'll have them on there for sure. I just hate it when people complain about something being "not fair" dude, life is never fair and that's just the way it goes sometimes. It's not the end of the world, but trust me I know it feels like it sometimes.