180 gram

vardcore

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im all for 180g as long as it does not increase the price...which it probably will.

So if its gonna be 2 bucks more for the 180g, I would rather have it on regular vinyl.

180 = 2x the 120 price to manufacture. That's 2x just for the hunk of vinyl and shipping, not 2x the entire project. So you pretty much gotta add $2 to the selling price. Reality and all. Plus they bump up the shipping to you, the end user / nerd, since they are extra heavy. Ha!

I think it's funny that we are even having a conversation over $8 or $10 when so many people are okay with paying $15 or $20 for an LP. Ha!

Im all for 180g as long as it does not increase the price...which it probably will.

So if its gonna be 2 bucks more for the 180g, I would rather have it on regular vinyl.

180 = 2x the 120 price to manufacture. That's 2x just for the hunk of vinyl and shipping, not 2x the entire project. So you pretty much gotta add $2 to the selling price. Reality and all. Plus they bump up the shipping to you, the end user / nerd, since they are extra heavy. Ha!

I think it's funny that we are even having a conversation over $8 or $10 when so many people are okay with paying $15 or $20 for an LP. Ha!

I can not figure out how the hell you guys can still sell your vinyl so cheap. I guess it's just because of the quantity you purchase?

I can not figure out how the hell you guys can still sell your vinyl so cheap. I guess it's just because of the quantity you purchase?

I'm sure quantity is part of it...but also they get their records made in america so...you don't have to pay the insane Pirates Press "fuck you over fees"

We lose money on certain records. We pay the same prices everyone else does, for the most part.

Yes, everything is made in the USA, outside of most of our LP jackets (made in Canada). That said, our prices will go up over time, as everyone's do. 2009 will move LPs to at least $8 mailorder and 7" to likely $4. We are still working it out. Trying to keep it all as low as possible. Wholesale vinyl pricing will have to go up too. There are a lot of reasons why LPs need to cary their own weight in the future. No pun intended.

Sometimes is sounds better, some times it doesn't.

the Maybe I'll Catch Fire reissue is the best I've ever heard that record sound. You can actually hear the bass lines on it. RAR is extraordinary in 180, but it was already extraordinary and wasn't recorded in a quality so high as to actual really take advantage of the format. Its all about mastering.