vardcore

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish everyone would just press black vinyl from now on

Why? That would be so boring.

Yes, but it would mean more copies to go around since not everyone would buy five copies (one of each color) and would result in me spending less money tracking down variants. It would also make it actually about the music and the format as opposed to all the pretty colors.

Depends on the record. For bigger records, black is fine. I don't need the new franz ferdinand on color. But for smaller indie releases of a really good record, I like to have it on black as well as maybe a really cool looking color. But usually just solid colors, none of this splatter shit.

Why? That would be so boring.

Yes, but it would mean more copies to go around since not everyone would buy five copies (one of each color) and would result in me spending less money tracking down variants. It would also make it actually about the music and the format as opposed to all the pretty colors.

Coloured records aren't necessary, but that's what makes them fun. It's not necessary to wear a coloured t-shirt when you could just wear a black one...but that's what adds variety to this world. If all my records were black I'd get bored pretty fast. I want stupidly bright, whacky colours. It makes the experience more of a visual one for me.

I love colored Vinyl don't get me wrong but in this case I would say Black 180 but don't be a pussy Var and do it on 220gram for sure whatever it is you may be cooking up. O and in terms of Salad it depends if it had Mayo in it then Potato if not Mayo then Pasta for sure I have had both Salads with and w/o Mayo and while both good Patato+Mayo=Awesome and Pasta Salad+No Mayo= Amazing no other way to do it!

Coloured records aren't necessary, but that's what makes them fun. It's not necessary to wear a coloured t-shirt when you could just wear a black one...but that's what adds variety to this world. If all my records were black I'd get bored pretty fast. I want stupidly bright, whacky colours. It makes the experience more of a visual one for me.

I like colored vinyl too, I just don't like the collectability of it.

I don't think the t-shirt analogy works though...clothing (band shirts aside) is nowhere near as limited as records.