iPhone users...need some advice

jhulud

i had the first one and returned it in 2 weeks. i still get to test it through my friend's iphone to see what has changed. i've had at&t since it switched to cingular so i've been waiting on a decent phone to upgrade to for the last year now.

biggest problems i saw in it:

-battery life

-no picture texts (camera takes awesome pictures but they're too big for sending, no settings to change. can't receive them either, gives you a weblink that doesn't work)

-no flash on the safari browser. still no app for it.

-video app is new, but costs money.

i had an 8bg. i think if you're going to use it for texting, phone and ipod, you may want to reconsider. the battery dies pretty quick. it would be dead in a normal work day for me if i even used the ipod briefly. i basically just bought the thing to combine everything but returned it and bought a separate ipod. unless you just want to get a car charger and have it ready all the time. not sure if the battery life on a 3G is any better.

i've been pretty tempted to get a new one but i'm curious to see if the wideband network is going to bring yet another iphone after the tv towers stop broadcasting analog.

i'm pretty sure you setup your phone all through itunes now. even easier to do if you already have an at&t account so i think anywhere you end up going, you'll be just buying the phone and doing the rest yourself.

oh yeah. and billing.

$70 for 450 min, 5000 nights and weekends and data plan.

$20 unlimited text

------------

$100 after taxes or damn close

and for the person that asked about family talk

[image]

the unlimited data plan would be covered in a family plan. it's all factored into the price of a minutes plan. it's not a separate data add on like other phones. unlimited text would still be extra, probably $20? maybe more.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use windows iringer is amazing you can turn any mp3 into a ringtone it's rad. I have a Dan Padilla ringtone wtf?

My only major complaints are that the 3g service is terrible I've left it off since about an hour after I got it. That and why can't you turn the thing sideways for texting? Isn't that dumb? Also Safari blows no cut and paste no save picture as, what the balls?

Otherwise it's sweet.

so not meaning to thread jack, but since there is a thread here....

Does anyone have a family plan with 2? My girlfriend and I were thinking about doing this as I get a corporate discount through my company. So is it like 2 voice plans and 2 unlimited data plans...

Just curious if anyone knows.

i have one with my sister and its like $85 bucks a month, not bad

Thanks Adam.

Now I gotta learn to get some decent apps and wallpaper. And ringtones. Where can I get all those?

dude you can make ringtones with itunes easy///pick a song and change it to only play 30 seconds convert to aac through itunes. drag it to desktop or folder and change the properties to mpr, it will automatically come up in ringtone section///when done change back to normal time on the song

I jailbroke my 16gb 3G iphone and it opened up a whole world of fun. I can play mame, psx and nintendo roms on it.

Also by jailbreaking it, it allows you to download thousands of 3rd party apps that you dont have to pay for. This means you can get free themes, I have a theme that looks like a vending machine which is pretty cool.

No cut and paste, no flash support, no mms (you can install 3rd party mms apps if its jailbroken), no sideways texting as previously mentioned. The camera is a joke also.

They are ok, but should have been a thousand times better than what they are.

Enjoy :)

If you use windows iringer is amazing you can turn any mp3 into a ringtone it's rad. I have a Dan Padilla ringtone wtf?

My only major complaints are that the 3g service is terrible I've left it off since about an hour after I got it. That and why can't you turn the thing sideways for texting? Isn't that dumb? Also Safari blows no cut and paste no save picture as, what the balls?

Otherwise it's sweet.

really? my friend still has the old one and i saved an image in safari and it does cut/paste....

Are the screen protector films necessary? I don't know if iPhone uses a different screen than iPod touch, but in over a year of being in my pocket, my iPod touch doesn't have a single scratch on the screen.

In other news, once Verizon's buying-out of Alltel passes in January, we're switching to AT&T, so I may be buying an iPhone. Huzzah.

Are the screen protector films necessary? I don't know if iPhone uses a different screen than iPod touch, but in over a year of being in my pocket, my iPod touch doesn't have a single scratch on the screen.

I've tooled around w/ a friend's iPod touch...she lent it to me for day to get the feel of it prior to me deciding to the iPhone (no one would lend me their iPhone of course...) and the screen is the same as far as the touching and scrolling.

I guess the screen protector film would be more if you're OCD as someone like me. Even though I intend to baby the hell out of this phone. It ain't cheap and I'm not about to fuck it up like a did my Razr.