The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

dante3000

To be hence forth labeled as "The Curious Case of What the Hell Happened to three hours of my life"

How the hell is everyone busting a nut over this epic mess?

****POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD*****

1) It's three fucking hours with story to fill maybe 90 minutes. Here we go, he's born old, left at a nursing home, grows younger, falls in love with a old chicks granddaughter, goes to see for a few years, comes back younger, chick he loves wants to bone, they don't, tries to woe her, fails, she gets hurt, they fall in love, knocks her up, leaves, comes back, they die the end. That's like 90 minutes of story maybe. it's 90 additional minutes of montages and shots of the grandma being old.

2) Brad Pitt is worthless as the Young/hot Benjamin. As the crippled old child Benjamin has some great lines and is a fantastic character. As soon as he's the hot Brad Pitt all that goes out the window as he's has no lines worth fucking remembering.

3) The scene where the dancer is hit by the car, what the fuck is with the 10 minute telling of, "If he didn't buy the coffee and she didn't take a shit then she wouldn't have been hit by the car". What the fuck is he all knowing for that 15 minute period of time? And it completely detracts from the overall theme of the movie.

4) I said it before but why the fucking cuts to the dying woman every 10 minutes. Just as you're really starting to get into the story they cut back to the woman (the old Kate Blanchet) dying and asking for a glass of water or some shit and just ruining the moment. It might as well have been a Mentos commercial for how much if fucked up the flow.

5) What the fuck happens to the dude who ended up raising Benajmin's kid? Did they cover that, because I missed it. Wouldn't he wonder where his wife was, when she was taking care of him, or where was he when she was dying?

It's basically a failed retelling of Forest Gump. Very special boy who doesn't fit in meets a girl who he can't be with (for some reason), goes to war, goes to sea, tries to win girl, fails, wins girl, has child, girl dies. Only problem was that Benjamin Button was no Forest Gump.

It's too bad in a movie full of amazing characters that the lead is the worst and most forgettable one.

you're fucking out of your mind, this movie fucking ruled.

What the fuck ruled about it exactly? What was so great about the character or the story? Benjamin had no drive, did nothing extraordinary and never said anything of worth. He drifted about the first half of his life and then inherited wealth for the second half. Then he did nothing with it but sold it to raise his kid. He was a positively boring person who had an amazing medical condition.

No relationship had any meaning, save for his wasted time with Daisy. Anything could have been added or removed from the movie and it would have been of little consequence.

5) What the fuck happens to the dude who ended up raising Benajmin's kid? Did they cover that, because I missed it. Wouldn't he wonder where his wife was, when she was taking care of him, or where was he when she was dying?

haha, i too, wondered about this.

also, how did the daughter not wonder about ANYTHING? did she not know the timeline of how old she was when her mom met the guy she thought was her dad? or why there were no pictures of him and her together until she was like 3? and didnt SHE wonder where her mom was or why she was living with and taking care of some random crazy kid?

it would have been a much better movie without the last half hour, in my opinion.

benjamin vanishes off into the sunset to live his life out somewhere else without burdening anyone, the end.

This movie was fucking stupid. How the hell is it up for all these awards? It's like The Notebook with a character that gets younger instead of older! Three hours was way too much. Not enough stuff was going on to keep me interested for this long!!

Also the trailer lead me to believe this movie was something different.

I just don't know what made it good. He didn't do anything extraordinary or even lead an amazing life. The only thing that ever seemed to motivate him was pussy. He was given this amazing opportunity to view life for what it is, rather than simply an aging process. By aging in reverse he had the chance to really see what made life worth living, instead of just worrying about growing old. But it never seems to make him do anything interesting besides saying, "if you don't like your life change it".

Thanks...That's deep.

i can't buy the ridiculous notion that he's tiny and old when he's born, fully grows, and then gets small again when he dies. that's even more prepostrous than reverse aging.

Movies are much more enjoyable when you leave reality outside and let your self be absorbed by the world the movie creates.

If you wanna be like that, I hate just about every movie cause I can't believe all this stuff can go on and no one has to take a bathroom break or a long poop.

saw this posted on a forum last night. pretty funny. it's the .nfo from the first torrent of the movie:

#

#

/

#

/ / //

#

/ / //

#

/ /

#

/ / /

#

. .

#

/ / / / /

#

/ Y / / / / /

#

/ / / / /

#

/ / / / / /

#

/ / / / /

#

#

The.Curious.Case.Of.Benjamin.Button.PROPER.DVDSCR.XviD-AzNiNVASiAN

#

#

KEKEKE! ITS AZN MAN HERE! WE HAVE NICE PRE FOR SCENE! KEKEKE1

#

#

WE SEE GUY IN XSCR PRE THIS! AGAIN A P2P RELEASE! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT KEKEEEEEE

#

#

WE BRING NICE SILVER FROM ASIA! OK MAYBE NOT SO NICE BUT MORE COMPLETE THEN ALL! KEKEEK

#

#

KEKE WE FIND THIS ON STREET OF THAILAND AND BRING TO YOU! FUCK YOU TO XSCR FOR STAEL SOURCE

#

#

FROM US! YOU FUCKES! MY SILVER! MINE!

#

#

KEKEKE SALUTE TO P2P RETARD WHO PUT THIS MOVIE OUT! THANK YOU FOR GIVING XSCR SCENE GROUP

#

#

SOURCE TO PRE WITH! KEKEKE

#

#

WHAT THE FUCK! LEAVE PRE TO CHINKS OK! WE ARE MOOVEE MASTERS! WE OWN ALL! KEKEKE1!!!11

#

#

WHAT THE FUCK IS SCENE TORRENT CRAP? WHO USE TORRENT! WINMX AND KAZZAA FOR LIFEe?!11 KEKE

#

#

OK IO GUESS TIME TO SAY ABOUT RELAESSE STUFFS?????

#

#

OK OK! I TELL YOU NOW!

#

#

XSCR SAY GLITCH IN CD???? WHATS THIS SHIT? FUCKING LYE!!! GLITCH DISK EYS, BUT YOU

#

#

IS P2P PRE!

#

#

WE SHOW IT IN SOME SAMPLE OK! HOW BIG XSCR SKIP NOOOOBBB FUCK OK!

#

#

DONT WORRY ASIAN MAN FIX IT ALL OK NO PROBLEM OK!

#

#

YOU MISS SOME MINUTE IN RELEASE? FUCKING NOOB GROUP! WHATS THIS SHIT! AZN MAN HEER TO FIX IT!

#

#

OK!

#

#

I MAKE MY RLEASE GOOD OK! IT HAVE BIG NICE AC3 TRFACK OK! ALSO ITS BIG RES! 656x272! OK!?!

#

#

XSCR RELEASE IS 2:43:21!?!?! WHAT THIS SHIT? ME ASIA GUY MORE COMPLETE!!!

#

#

ASIA GUY RELEASE IS 2:45:37.469!!!!

#

#

MORE MINUTES??? OFCOURSE ASIA GUY FIX IT RIGHT OK! DONT WORRY OK!

#

#

WE IVTC AS BEST WE CAN OK! SORRY NOT BEST EVER BUT WE DO GOOD JOB OK!

#

#

NO VID GLITCH LIKE XSCR SO MUCH! ONLY 1 GLITCH! YES WE ARE BETTER YES!

#

#

I GIVE VOB SAMPLE TOO OK! BECAUSE ASIAN MAN HAVE REAL MOVIE OK! OFCOURSE ALWAYS OK!

#

#

OK!

#

#

SMALL GLITCH AT 1:24:10! BLAME ID IOT WHO MAKE DISK! I YELL AT CHIN CHONG ALREADY FOR THIS SHIT!

#

#

NEXT TIME HE FUCK UP I EAT HIS DOG AND BEAT HIS KIDS OK! DONT WORRY!

#

#

DONT WORRY ASIA GUY PRE AGAIN SOON! LOVE ALL SCENE!

#

#

-----ASiAGUY!

#

#

OH YEAH! SCENE GRETZ? I MUST SAY THANK TO ALL GUY WHO HELP ME! KEKEKEKE

#

#

ANYBODY FROM ASIA OK! ALL ASIA LOVE!

#

#

MVOIE SCENE SO GOOD! LOVE ALWAYS! ASIA SITE CONTACT US! WE NEED PRE SITE!

#

#

ASIA PRE ONLY! ALL OTHER SITE FUCK YOU! NOOB SITE IF NOT ASIA OK!

I just saw it, and thought "meh". it was good, but i wouldn't see it as OSCAR worthy as far as storyline is concerned. I'm sure Fincher worked with what he could, but I think the writing was a bit undone. It took from "Forrest Gump" way too much. While i can understand why, because the screenwriter is the same person who wrote the screenplay off the GUMP novel and the "Button" novel, Im sure he took ideas from Gump and placed them into "The curious case...". Which may give everyone reason that this movie copied gump, when in fact this story was written well before "Forrest Gump" was.

I say blame it on the screenwriter on this one. though i will give them credit for cinematography and acting. While Dante may not like the fact that Pitts character became less interesting as he got younger, i would think it went along with the story. As he got younger, his mentality aged as he did. As he got younger, what kid would have anything profound to say? At least that's what i got from it.

What i do have a thing with is what story can be told in 90 minutes besides a comedy? With all the interwoven stories included in this movie, i cannot fathom any kind of movie being less than 2 hours, and 2 1/2 was a good tiiming for this. give or take about 20 minutes. I thought th pacing was excellent. Like most narrated stories (ex: Green Mile, Notebook, Shawshank Redemption, The Princess Bride, Forrest Gump, The Hurricane, etc) the story always reminds you of what period you're in. It's a constant reminder and it always reminds me of a play. to distinguish the parts of a story like ACTS in a play. A brief intermission of sorts. It least that's what i see.

Overall i thought it was a good movie, but far short of excellent. The characters and the premise of the movie were amazing. Not to mention the location settings. Way to go location scout!!! What was disappointing is it had no originality short of Benjamine's odd affliction. Nothing shined. Especially the script. I'm sure the actors did it they could. And im sure FIncher did what he could with it (which im sure would have been even worse in a ton of other directors hands) but i'm afraid it wasn't enough. I'm giving it a C+ for effort.

What i do have a thing with is what story can be told in 90 minutes besides a comedy? With all the interwoven stories included in this movie, i cannot fathom any kind of movie being less than 2 hours, and 2 1/2 was a good tiiming for this. give or take about 20 minutes. I thought th pacing was excellent. Like most narrated stories (ex: Green Mile, Notebook, Shawshank Redemption, The Princess Bride, Forrest Gump, The Hurricane, etc) the story always reminds you of what period you're in. It's a constant reminder and it always reminds me of a play. to distinguish the parts of a story like ACTS in a play. A brief intermission of sorts. It least that's what i see.

The infinitely better "Momento" clocked in at under two hours (nearly 50 minutes less than this wreck). And Nolan's amazing "Following" was just over an hour.

Requiem for a Dream was just over 100 minutes (closer to 90 minutes than 2 hours). The other Aronofsky (sp?) film "the Fountain" was 96 minutes.

Sin City was only 2 hours flat.

It's really possible to make movies that are shorter and still good. You just need a good script and director. The issue with this movie is that the length seemed to be nothing more than a symbol of it's Oscar worth. And that's shitty.

i thought it was great. agreed the younger (looking) brad pitt was underplayed, but i think the focus should have been on the first half of his life. by the time he is in his forties everyone who knows him is used to his 'condition'. also agreed about the cuts to the old lady. the only one that mattered vaguely covered the subject matter that you missed, when she said something like "shortly after your father died i got a call", then she went to the home to find benjamin with acne and dementia. i still dont understand the relation to katrina. other than that i thought it was really good. i think they could have cut 30 minutes off, not an hour and a half.

Three things: 1)They mention that the step father died before she did and that's when she went to take care of ben.

2)

i can't buy the ridiculous notion that he's tiny and old when he's born, fully grows, and then gets small again when he dies. that's even more prepostrous than reverse aging.

Movies are much more enjoyable when you leave reality outside and let your self be absorbed by the world the movie creates.

If you wanna be like that, I hate just about every movie cause I can't believe all this stuff can go on and no one has to take a bathroom break or a long poop.

Funny shit, I guess you could say literally(?)

3) It seems to me that you(Dante) just really really would love to hate this movie, which is fine, movies are like music and are open for anyone to love or hate. I just feel that this movie deserves some credit, it was impressive.

Three things: 1)They mention that the step father died before she did and that's when she went to take care of ben.

2)

Funny shit, I guess you could say literally(?)

3) It seems to me that you(Dante) just really really would love to hate this movie, which is fine, movies are like music and are open for anyone to love or hate. I just feel that this movie deserves some credit, it was impressive.

1) I got that, must have missed it due to extreme boredom because no one else I was with caught it either

2) Great but that's the movie's job. A good film helps you suspend your disbelief. You think a college is gonna accept a barely functioning retard? No, but Forest Gump makes you believe it would. I'm all for suspending disbelief if you do it well.

3) I'm just discussing the movie. I thought it was bad and the fact that it's all over the Oscar hype is mindblowing to me. I'm inviting people to throw in their two cents for why it was good and I'm giving mine. I'm not insulting anyone who liked it and the reason I'm debating it so heavily is because I feel like I must have missed something for it to be as awful as it seems to me.

Maybe the Katrina references all boiled down to the clock being flooded out at the end and the theme that kept coming up in the movie of "nothing lasts."

That's all I can think of. But still, Katrina? Come on.

i would think the Katrina reference was used because they were shooting in New Orleans and as a time reference to the present tense.. also i think if fits in nicely with the "NOTHING LASTS" them said by Button. YOu know the floods washing away the clock that runs backwards. I don't know... i'm half awake...haha