Vinyl/music stores in LONDON, England

eroc

Hey everyone, I'm taking a 2 week class in between semesters in London, England. I know this is probably a long shot but does anyone know of any good stores for vinyl here? I was hoping I could find some kind of small place with some soon to be "imported" vinyl! Any help is very appreciated! Thanks in advance for the help!

There are so many great shops in London

In Notting Hill you've got:

Rough Trade

130 Talbot Road

London

(great for 7" & LP Vinyl)

Right Close by you've got:

Minus Zero

2 Blenheim Crescent.

(Rare 7" Vinyl)

And

Intoxica

231 Portobello Road

(Rare & New 7" LP Vinyl)

And while you're in Notting Hill you've got :

Music & Video Exchange

38-40 Notting Hill Gate

(New And Used Vinyl & CDs )

They have about 3 shops located in the same area , excellent place for vinyl bargins

+

Revival Records

26/30 Berwick Street Soho and Sister Ray Berwick St and another Music & Video Exchange in Berwick St

There are also many great record shops in Camden High St , Camden and the surrounding area.

thanks everyone! i'm not sure if this helps but i'm in ilsington near kings cross. i haven't really gotten out all too much since i just got here, but i plan on checking out more as the week goes along and come this weekend.

andy! hey man, its pretty fun so far. you should have came this year for it! i think theres only like 13 of us. just being in london is pretty awesome...especially since i never even flew before the other day.

andy! hey man, its pretty fun so far. you should have came this year for it! i think theres only like 13 of us. just being in london is pretty awesome...especially since i never even flew before the other day.

Wow, that's pretty ambitious for your first flight! How long was it, 6 hours?

Yeah, I really wanted to go this year, but it was just bad timing. I'm moving into a new place this week, I start my internship on Wednesday, and I have the Punk Rock Bowling Tournament next weekend. Just too much to try and squeeze in.

Anyway, have fun!

Hey everyone, I'm taking a 2 week class in between semesters in London, England. I know this is probably a long shot but does anyone know of any good stores for vinyl here? I was hoping I could find some kind of small place with some soon to be "inported" vinyl! Any help is very appreciated! Thanks in advance for the help!

also, check camden market. there are not really any record stores, but many stalls where you can buy old punk and rock stuff. that's where you can score bargains way easier than in a store. plus, the many food stalls will make worth the trip anyway.

i think dig some bargain from hmv and vigin on new year sale is another good choice....

:)

Virgin is now called Zavvi but it's just gone into adminstration. Also when it changed to Zavvi the Birmingham branched stop stocking vinyl. I don't know if this was just a local thing or a company policy.

Also the pound is pretty weak at the mo, take advantage.

Hey everyone, I'm taking a 2 week class in between semesters in London, England. I know this is probably a long shot but does anyone know of any good stores for vinyl here? I was hoping I could find some kind of small place with some soon to be "inported" vinyl! Any help is very appreciated! Thanks in advance for the help!

also, check camden market. there are not really any record stores, but many stalls where you can buy old punk and rock stuff. that's where you can score bargains way easier than in a store. plus, the many food stalls will make worth the trip anyway.

Camden in general is one of my favorite places to go to. Great atmosphere there, and there are some really good pubs / venues like The World's End / The Underworld!

i'm hopefully gonna hit up camdem shopping this weekend.

anyone know of any random music landmarks to see while i'm here? got my pic in front of the 100 club where The Clash first played. i'm sure there is lots i don't know about. if you got suggestions - send them over!

Don't bother with Camden , go to Notting Hill first ....there's more bargains there ;)

anyone know of any random music landmarks to see while i'm here? got my pic in front of the 100 club where The Clash first played. i'm sure there is lots i don't know about. if you got suggestions - send them over!

Don't bother with Camden , go to Notting Hill first ....there's more bargains there ;)

Maybe so, but Camden's a far better place to hang around, much more to do/see/drink etc

Go drink at The World's End, its a pub that is above a venue called The Underworld (which is basically the basement of the pub), I've seen some dope bands there, for instance, Cold World, Blood Brothers, The Banner, AVENGED SEVENFOLD!

sign up to www.meanfiddler.com for gig listings. they list a heap of great venues and as tickets sell out so fast, you gotta get in quick.

theres a couple of little record stores on one of the side streets off Oxford St. the street is near the virgin megastore and theres a tiny little spanish pub on the side street. cant remember the street name but if you're cruising down Oxford St, check em out. lots of rare stuff in them.

as Yu mentioned, go to hmv on oxford st too. thanks to the weak quid, the prices they charge, which used to be pretty high, are now a little more competitive.