Transatlanticism available again

vents

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the dick sent my $50 back. anyone else?

Why is the guy a dick, because he ran out of records?

Seriously, if you want to see a dick move, search for Triple Crown Records on this board. Don't insult other people because you're disappointed.

V, I had you in mind when I tried to get 2. Shitty that didn't work out. Don't you owe me money anyway? haha.

SOMEONE SELL VEDANT YOUR EXTRA.

jason is very far from being a "dick."

Yeah, I never ONCE got that impression. The only thing I thought was a tad flaky was changing the record limit after the fact, but if he hadn't, I probably wouldn't have ended up with one :)

V, I'd email him and see if there's ANYTHING he can do. He might have held one or two in case of any problems with people's orders. I doubt it but it's worth a shot.

jason is very far from being a "dick."

Yeah, I never ONCE got that impression. The only thing I thought was a tad flaky was changing the record limit after the fact, but if he hadn't, I probably wouldn't have ended up with one :)

V, I'd email him and see if there's ANYTHING he can do. He might have held one or two in case of any problems with people's orders. I doubt it but it's worth a shot.

jason is a very chill guy. it wasn't his fault. the warehouse people told him that they counted 3 times as much than what they actually had. so that's why people's orders had to be changed.

That's not what happened. There's no "blame" to be placed anywhere - not at the warehouse, and not to Jason.

He had X number of records in his possession at first. He was overwhelmed with the orders that came in right off the bat - too many to fill. He found out he had a distributor that still had copies, so he asked for them to be returned. He sent out what he could and didn't issue refunds until he found out exactly how many copies he'd have coming back.

He can change the limits if he wants, it is his business and he didn't steal anybody's money. I just thought it was a bit silly to say "you can only buy two", then instead of just going first-come, first-serve, he retroactively changed it. The only difference it really makes to me is that I was going to try to help out someone here at VC, as I figured a few of my boardies would miss out.

If you put yourself in his position wouldn't you do the same too? People would buy 2 at this point just to sell. Sure there are people who would do the right thing and help a friend out (liek what you would've done), but the right thing to do was to change the limit for everyone to have a chance.

And it doesn't matter who's right or wrong, I'm just repeating what Jason told me. He simply said, " I had to cancel all the remaining orders and refund them because someone at the warehouse can't count. They told me there were __ and there were only __! Sorry."

I took out the numbers because I dunno if that's important :o

the dick sent my $50 back. anyone else?

Why is the guy a dick, because he ran out of records?

Seriously, if you want to see a dick move, search for Triple Crown Records on this board. Don't insult other people because you're disappointed.

V, I had you in mind when I tried to get 2. Shitty that didn't work out. Don't you owe me money anyway? haha.

SOMEONE SELL VEDANT YOUR EXTRA.

I don't know "Jason" personally but it sounds like many of you do, seeing all the references to his name. Or perhaps he's a penpal, neighbor, online video game competitor or however you know him. Regardless, I don't know him, and he may very well not be a "dick". In my book, anyone who puts a buyer and themselves through this crap - changing limits from two to one (make your decision and stick to it), not getting an accurate count on his e-commerce-able site, selling what he doesn't have, probably not selling them in the order they were placed, taking a month to figure it out, etc) - is a little bit of an idiot, and perhaps a dick too. I'm not disappointed about not getting the album, more sick of hearing and thinking about it. Yes, I'm glad I got $50 back but that was never a concern. No offense if I insulted someones friend.

I can see Appendicitis's point. There's no reason why the site didn't stop taking orders once the physical inventory was sold. If he thought he could or was going to get more in returns from distributors, he could have put them back up for sale on his site at that point.

It's also more then semi-shady that he repressed a record that says "limited edition" on it, without telling anyone about this new edition of the limited edition.

I dunno. I don't know how I feel about Sonic Boom right now.