Chicagoans: looking for a new living space soon?

So i found out one of my roommates is bailing on me soon...and me and my other roommate want to find a new place to live, my lease comes up at the end of May, but we need to get the fuck out of the place we're living at now so I won't mind leaving early just to get out where we're at currently.

So, is anyone looking to move around march-may?

i don't drink or smoke and work an office job...not really that crazy.

my roommate is bicycle mechanic and drinks and smokes

+ not flaky about paying bills

+ we both like to keep the apartment clean

+ free records(you'll be enlisted into assembly duty...but free records are free records.)

+ free or extreme discounts on bicycle repairs/maintenance

- one roommate that smokes

- occasionally either the place is full of random bicycle parts or boxes of records

- occasional visit/hang outs/sleepovers with Eric Solomon and whoever's in the O Pioneers on that tour.

- putting up with my incessant whining about pressing plants

- record assembly duty

...so if you're flexible with that...let me know...I can't think of anything else too crazy.

I'm currently living in Lakeview right by Ashland and Irving Park and would ideally like to stay somewhere along the brown line.

PM me your number if you have any interest, and i'll call you to meet up and discuss things.

thanks.

do you need any LP mailers? I've got a stack in my garage probably like 15, maybe 20 and my wife is tired of looking at them

I don't live in the City but the next time I go to reckless on broadway I could swing by your place

let me know

yes! I'll always take used lp mailers...that'd be awesome, let me know!!! thanks!

It depends on how much rent would be. If you could give me a ballpark figure of what my part of the rent would be I could probably give you a more definate answer.

I'd like to shoot for a 3 bedroom in the 1600-1800 range. I have a lot of crap(books+music mainly) so I'd also like a pretty spacious place too.

If I was working full time that would be ideal for me, but since I'm going to school full time and working part time I probably wouldn't be able to make it work due to having other bills and such.

I'm sorry, man. I'd love to get out of "the region" and into the city, but I guess now just isn't the time.

It's not a bad school. I took a music business class and my teacher was incredibly out of touch. According to him "no artist or record label has ever survived without the help of a major label." We argued quite a bit over this point. I even loaned him my copy of the Instrument DVD, but he didn't care because it "wasn't his thing."

My writing classes have all been enjoyable...except for the incredibly large amount kids who are too artsy for their own good.