boy sets fire

The Casting Out is Nathan's new band, and they're a big ball of not-good:

http://www.myspace.com/thecastingout

Kirby and I watched them at the Fest. It was sad.

yeah this isnt that good

I won't even listen to it this band because I refuse to let my opinion sink any further...and after the big ball of shit that BSF turned into...I can't imagine how bad THIS is.

so basically you are saying to not spend the money on i-tunes.

again what is the best way to search band offsprings. any help.

since getting married and having a mortgage i dont have time to research and get every single album from a band and their side projects. so im trying to build a list so my friend can do it for me.

Guest genericinsight

bandtoband.com

since getting married and having a mortgage i dont have time to research and get every single album from a band and their side projects. so im trying to build a list so my friend can do it for me.

ask advice here on bands, we're a resourceful bunch.

ask advice here on bands, we're a resourceful bunch.

yeah i know i can do that but i think its silly to simply start a thread when it can be answered by the next post.

I never bothered to buy Misery Index(the songs were atrocious live), but even Tomorrow Come Today has a one or two good songs on it.

Also, any band whining on stage and writing songs about getting "screwed by a major label/the music industry" needs to drive off a cliff ASAP

The more I think about it the more I think it's a bad idea for me to get involved in this discussion. As hard as it is not to run my mouth I'm very close to many of the people in Both BSF and The Casting Out. I have had some of the best times of my life at BSF shows and I wish everyone involved the best of luck. I didn't really care for the final BSF record but if I'm honest with myself it might not be because the record is bad. There's one song on there that made me so mad the first time I heard it, but now I just chalk it up to catharsis on the part of whoever wrote it. Everyone deserves that I suppose. In any case I got a Facebook request from Josh the other day which I thought was sweet, and I found one of his picks in my car the other day. God only knows how long that's been in there.

The more I think about it the more I think it's a bad idea for me to get involved in this discussion. As hard as it is not to run my mouth I'm very close to many of the people in Both BSF and The Casting Out. I have had some of the best times of my life at BSF shows and I wish everyone involved the best of luck. I didn't really care for the final BSF record but if I'm honest with myself it might not be because the record is bad. There's one song on there that made me so mad the first time I heard it, but now I just chalk it up to catharsis on the part of whoever wrote it. Everyone deserves that I suppose. In any case I got a Facebook request from Josh the other day which I thought was sweet, and I found one of his picks in my car the other day. God only knows how long that's been in there.

There was a time that BSF was one of the absolute most intense live bands, where seeing people crying at their shows and having it NOT be contrived or awkward. It was inspiring to be in the presence of music and like-minded people that created such an open atmosphere of trust. What they turned into was like finding out you've been lied to by your best friend or someone your trust in is absolute.

also, side note: At what point did Nathan stop being gay? At the last Chicago show he mentioned something about being married on stage...so was that a game to get attention, coming out on stage, years ago?

The end of that band just angers me because it makes me question their motives from day one...was the whole band a lie the whole time, for all those years?

alright, where do i start with this band?

and what was their deal? i'm pretty sure this was a few years before my time

Download "Vehicle" and "Rookie" immediately. If you like "Vehicle" more, get the This Crying, This Screaming, My Voice Is Being Born EP and The Day The Sun Went Out. If you like "Rookie" more, get After The Eulogy and the In Chrysalis EP.

Their deal was socio-political emocore (that's what us old-timers called scream-sing bands back in the '90s) that, early on, supported things like the communist party and other anti-establishment organizations.

I've been a BSF fan since I heard that first EP, what, 11 years ago? The first time I saw them was Krazyfest 4 in 2001, right after they signed to Wind-Up, and they BLEW ME THE FUCK AWAY. I think that was still their original lineup, but it might've been right after their original bassist quit.