The Rookie Lot (Brand New)

Ok look you ding-dongs, I'm on a massive hunt for one of these so pardon me for leaving no stone unturned. Believe it or not, I've succeeded in getting hard-to-find stuff this way before, so shove it.

Why would you insult the people on here when they're probably your best bet to find this?

Look, I'm sorry. Ding dongs was meant to be funny, not insulting.

Oh, and re: whoever asked why you'd sign up to buy and sell stuff and then be on your merry way...I was under the impression that this message board is here for people to buy and sell things...perhaps trade them as well. You know, maybe build a collection by utilizing a network of other individuals who happen to share the same passion. I mean, I could be wrong but I uh, I don't think I am.

Anyways! I've had quite a bit of success, specifically with old tour/gig posters, by e-mailing the artists directly to see what they still have. Ere go, I figured I'd give it a shot on here.

That being said, I'm Rob. Nice to meet you guys.

Look, I'm sorry. Ding dongs was meant to be funny, not insulting.

Oh, and re: whoever asked why you'd sign up to buy and sell stuff and then be on your merry way...I was under the impression that this message board is here for people to buy and sell things...perhaps trade them as well. You know, maybe build a collection by utilizing a network of other individuals who happen to share the same passion. I mean, I could be wrong but I uh, I don't think I am.

Anyways! I've had quite a bit of success, specifically with old tour/gig posters, by e-mailing the artists directly to see what they still have. Ere go, I figured I'd give it a shot on here.

That being said, I'm Rob. Nice to meet you guys.

I couldn't even pay attention to your post because anyways is not a word.

I can't be the only one who gets irritated by this.

prove me wrong. you actually have to stick around and continue to post stuff that contributes to this place. not just defending yourself in an over 3 year old thread you posted in wanting to buy a ridicuously rare record and starting threads looking for stuff. if you do manage to stick around and not just post about stuff to buy or sell, great, i'm all for that. but i doubt it will happen.

you're right, this place is here to help people buy, sell and trade records. but lately it has been inundated with people who sign up just to post the stuff they're flipping on ebay or wanting some extremely rare record for pennies on the dollar, who are then never heard from again. these people tend to step on everyone's toes in the process and fan the flames by attacking the people who inevitably attack them based on what was posted. if you actually took the time to build up your name and reputation here rather than just taking the 'gimme gimme gimme' approach, things might work out for you better. but it's too late for that now.

prove me wrong. you actually have to stick around and continue to post stuff that contributes to this place. not just defending yourself in an over 3 year old thread you posted in wanting to buy a ridicuously rare record and starting threads looking for stuff. if you do manage to stick around and not just post about stuff to buy or sell, great, i'm all for that. but i doubt it will happen.

you're right, this place is here to help people buy, sell and trade records. but lately it has been inundated with people who sign up just to post the stuff they're flipping on ebay or wanting some extremely rare record for pennies on the dollar, who are then never heard from again. these people tend to step on everyone's toes in the process and fan the flames by attacking the people who inevitably attack them based on what was posted. if you actually took the time to build up your name and reputation here rather than just taking the 'gimme gimme gimme' approach, things might work out for you better. but it's too late for that now.

i feel like this needs to be its own stickyed thread

• 3 weeks later...