Loved Ones pre-order up

Guest conoley

Guest genericinsight
I'm pretty surprised that the Strung Out vinyl isn't sold out yet (especially with the crazy money their records are going for on ebay).

holy shit I know. the Fat Club 7" is fucking at $112 and change right now! Seriously, I want to know when Strung Out fans became such vinyl nerds. Only a few years ago I was the only one of that I knew that even bothered to collect or own any SO vinyl.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball

Seems like the Strung Out record just kind of came up without much hype so maybe a lot of people don't know about it. I remember them announcing it but I don't recall seeing any release date prior or anything like that. Although, I could have just been not paying attention.

On Fat's site you have to click on 'All News' to see the announcement and it's a P.S. at the end of the Loved Ones news.

Guest genericinsight
Seems like the Strung Out record just kind of came up without much hype so maybe a lot of people don't know about it. I remember them announcing it but I don't recall seeing any release date prior or anything like that. Although, I could have just been not paying attention.

On Fat's site you have to click on 'All News' to see the announcement and it's a P.S. at the end of the Loved Ones news.

On the SO board there's a thread about it but it seems only a few people actually ordered it. Unless more people did and didn't post. I'd say the Loved Ones are way more popular currently (for obvious reasons) so it sort of makes sense that their record would sell out quicker.

Plus, a lot of SO fans feel that Another Day In Paradise is their least favorite Strung Out release so maybe it's only the diehard SO fans jumping on this. I ordered it for the sole purpose of adding to my collection (have a black copy already that I listen to on occasion) but to be honest, if Fat does any future represses for SO vinyl on color I'd prefer to see Suburban or Twisted, or even Element of Sonic Defiance since that was never released on vinyl at all.

and wow, I'm now jealous of that color variant and am kinda bummed 'cause it seems like it'd be a bit rare. Maybe one day...

the best that i can do

this is the slight color variant im sure some others will also get.

[image]

[image]

i actually thought it was black when i first opened it up

I ordered 2 of the SO repress. I got one dark one like that and one of the light ones. Glad I ordered 2 of those. The dark one is fuckin rad.

Also got my colored Loved Ones today. Its got a little bit of black streaks in there but mostly just green

Guest genericinsight
whats up with the orange/gold SO and the amber SO? why 2 different colors?

My guess is its a pressing plant error. Some of them probably ended up like that and Fat likely didn't open all of them to check - I doubt they even knew. I think if anything they probably opened one to see if it was the right color, and it was so they just sent the rest out assuming they're all the same.

travis - that's awesome. I didn't even think to get 2 copies, who knew there would be a warped color?

Guest genericinsight

update on this from my other post - a dude at their message board who runs all their show promotion (and thus stays in pretty close contact with the band and people at Fat) says it's close to being sold out now. Guess it's just going a little slower than the Loved Ones LP.