Your Local Record Store?

chaps

Long in the Tooth is probably my favorite (www.myspace.com/longinthetoothstore)

There's always crazy old dudes trying to bargain with the owner for some rare old record. Trying to trade dirty old sweaters and shit like that.

Beautiful World Syndicate is also pretty dope (http://www.myspace.com/beautifulworldsyndicate)

Lots and lots of used records. Two locations.

While everybody's looking up their favorite store, why not add it to the Google record store map?

Alright. Let's try this:

I made a map in Google Maps. All I added were a few record stores in MN, but anyone with a Google account (Gmail, Google Docs, etc.) can edit it. Here's how to add a place:

1. Click this link: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=117975672099724473244.0004620892f683ef59b02&z=8

2. Go to your area of the country.

3. Type in the name of the store in the search box.

4. Click the little salmon colored pin thing.

5. Click "add to My Maps" and choose record store finder.

6. Add the hours and other info in the text box if you can.

7. Click save or whatever.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it's really not. I added 8 stores in like 10 minutes including looking up hours.

To find a store, type a major city into the search box, and zoom out a little, and you'll see blue pushpins. Those are the stores, and you can click them to get directions and information.

While everybody's looking up their favorite store, why not add it to the Google record store map?
Alright. Let's try this:

I made a map in Google Maps. All I added were a few record stores in MN, but anyone with a Google account (Gmail, Google Docs, etc.) can edit it. Here's how to add a place:

1. Click this link: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=117975672099724473244.0004620892f683ef59b02&z=8

2. Go to your area of the country.

3. Type in the name of the store in the search box.

4. Click the little salmon colored pin thing.

5. Click "add to My Maps" and choose record store finder.

6. Add the hours in the text box if you can.

7. Click save or whatever.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it's really not. I added 8 stores in like 10 minutes including looking up hours.

Done and Done.

I had to edit saturn records becuase apparently, they moved

Loone Tunes the website is www.Looneytunescds.com

PS - Got the Caleb Package a while ago it was fucking awesome thanks man!!

PPS - I would bet money that Looney Tunes would carry both CD and Vinyl you should def contact them about it

Awesome, thanks dude. I'll check it out.

Let me know how things turn out.......I bullshit with the owner all the time so if you can not get through to him I could def convince him to carry Caleb (not sure if that is what you looking for here but it would be cool to do anyway). I basically have helped him choose most of his current vinyl that he carries.........also they have a stage for instores and I am again almost posative you could get Caleb to play there........again if you cant let me know so I can try for ya!

PPS - I would bet money that Looney Tunes would carry both CD and Vinyl you should def contact them about it

I know they do carry vinyl, but has anyone ever been there before? Its kinda far from my house so I dont wanna drive there and be disappointed

I know they do carry vinyl, but has anyone ever been there before? Its kinda far from my house so I dont wanna drive there and be disappointed

Its good and I have got some decent scores from there (mostly colored Temporary residence and some OOP No Idea) but I think Generation Records is just as good and its in BK which is alot closer to you (Queens) than Looney Tunes is.......def still worth a trip though and everyone there is really cool!

Its good and I have got some decent scores from there (mostly colored Temporary residence and some OOP No Idea) but I think Generation Records is just as good and its in BK which is alot closer to you (Queens) than Looney Tunes is.......def still worth a trip though and everyone there is really cool!

Im gonna take a trip there soon. My girlfriend actually lives in Mineola so it shouldnt be too long of a drive from her house.

Generation is actually in manhattan though. I used to go there a lot. They got a great selection.