Fueled By Ramen shipping

So I bought the Paramore record for my housemate a few weeks back, and it arrived today. The record was shipping in a record mailer with about an inch of space inside it for the record to rattle around in quite freely. No bubble wrap, no cardboard to bulk it out. Luckily for them it seemed to survive the trip over the lake in pretty good condition. Not only that, they printed my invoice on a piece of paper that already had a calendar for December on it, on the same side as the calendar, not even the blank side. If you ask me, FBR is pretty slack on the shipping side of things.

I'm sure I've read about other people on this board having the same problem?

from vinyl file, dan yemin:

On the No Idea website, they have Lifetime's self-titled album as slated for a 2008 release. Are they re-releasing it on vinyl?

Yeah, we wanted to license it to them. The label that did that record, I think they could give a shit about vinyl. Once we kind of realized that, I was pretty unhappy with the way that came out the first time. It was late and didn't have an insert and we were furious. We said, "we need to do an insert and it has to get mailed to all the people that ordered it online," but that didn't happen. No Idea are my friends, they do the Fest every year, they are a great label that really cares about vinyl. The vinyl would be really at home on No Idea and we were really pushing Var to make it happen.

I ordered a Gym Class Heroes LP pretty much the day it came out, roughly two months ago, and still haven't seen it.

I e-mailed them last week, waited like 4 days for a reply, and it was a 1-line response "it must have been lost in the post, we'll send another one."

and the waiting game continues....

I ordered a Gym Class Heroes LP pretty much the day it came out, roughly two months ago, and still haven't seen it.

I e-mailed them last week, waited like 4 days for a reply, and it was a 1-line response "it must have been lost in the post, we'll send another one."

and the waiting game continues....

Ha ha... They told me the exact same thing when after 6 weeks I still hadn't got my Paramore LP. Also when I check my order status on their webstore it hasn't even been marked as shipped.

that lifetime record and the paramore record (the only two recent release of theirs that i've heard) both sound like fucking garbage on vinyl. they did a terrible job when they released them.

i re-listened to the lifetime record recently. wasn't so bad second time around through decent equipment.