NEW FUCKIN CURSIVE ALBUM

II. Cursive complete sixth studio record, Mama, I'm Swollen, for March 10 release; Tour dates and January tour videos!

Cursive will release their sixth studio album, Mama, I'm Swollen, on March 10, 2009. The 10 song set was recorded over the past summer and fall with AJ Mogis at ARC studios in Omaha. The CD and LP (note a later release date for this version) are now available for pre-order in the online store!

The band just wrapped a quick midwest and east coast tour. Entertaining videos from each day of the tour have been posted on You Tube and Facebook.

More touring is on the horizon! Dates announced thus far are below.

Cursive - Mama, I's Swollen - CD/Digital March 10, 2009, LP April 21, 2009

Since Cursive burst onto the music scene with their 1997 debut album, the band has consistently and continually churned out heady albums heralded by critics and fans alike. Wrestling with life's miseries and mysteries, Mama, I'm Swollen is an album brimming with the universal, questioning the human condition, social morality, and the "Peter Pan Syndrome" of grown men.

From the charging bass lines of album opener "In The Now" to the quiet first chords of confessional closer "What Have I Done?", Mama, I'm Swollen is a natural progression that remains distinctively Cursive: a fluid amalgamation of the band's sound past, present, and future - a band that both your punk kid sister and English lit grad student best friend can call their own.

Mama, I'm Swollen is also one very simple thing: an amazing Cursive record, proving yet again why - after all these years - the quartet remains one of the most exciting and inventive rock bands today.

Mama, I's Swollen - CD/LP/Digital

ORDER

Cursive - Winter 2009

Mon-Mar-09, Brooklyn, NY, Music Hall of Williamsburg - sold out

Tue-Mar-10, New York, NY, Bowery Ballroom

Thu-Mar-12, Los Angeles, CA, Spaceland

Fri-Mar-13, Los Angeles, CA, Troubadour - sold out

Sat-Mar-14, San Diego, CA, Casbah

Sun-Mar-15, Phoenix, AZ, Rhythm Room

Mon-Mar-16, Albuquerque, NM, Launchpad

Wed-Mar-18, San Antonio, TX, White Rabbit

Mar-19-21, Austin, TX, SXSW

3/12-18 with Ladyfinger (ne)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad deal for the LP ($15):

-- Note: The release date for the LP (May 5) is different from the CD (March 10)

-- On March 2, we will send you a code via email to download the album in 320 Kbps MP3s

-- On April 21, we will send out your LP (and any other items in your order -- we cannot split orders)

-- Each LP includes a copy of the CD (without packaging, just the disc)

-- Each LP includes a download card for bonus music and videos (only available with CD and LP)

I hope it is superior to both Happy Hollow and Ugly Organ.

Ugly Organ was unlistenable. And as a result, I chose not to listen to Happy Hollow. From it's bad reviews, I think I made the right choice.

Ugly Organ was unlistenable. And as a result, I chose not to listen to Happy Hollow. From it's bad reviews, I think I made the right choice.

you should go back and listen to ugly organ, that was an amazing record. maybe it didnt seriosuly, give it another go

I know that opinions are personal but you're just flat out wrong there. Ugly Organ is AMAZING. Happy Hollow, much less so.

I prefer StraightEdge Randy's pragmatism compared to Mr. Bojaibullshit's bullshit.

I gave UO many listens. It sounded like a clusterfuck to me.

Sorry, but I prefer Cursive up until Burst and Bloom. After that it didn't have the same feeling or excellence.

redundant? how, exactly?

I don't call you dumb for liking HH.

by the way, I know you all care, but Storms of Early Summer is the best. Sadly, they haven't topped it. They have come close, just not recently.

You don't see how the above middleschool-style burn is redundant?

Mr. BojaiBULLSHIT'S BULLSHIT

–adjective

1. characterized by verbosity or unnecessary repetition in expressing ideas

yawn

im excited for this, although i thought HH was terrible (but i loved all three songs on the 7"). i still think storms is the best album tim kasher OR stephen pedersen have ever done. criteria needs to put out a new record.

http://www.kutakrock.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=DspBio&id=4632&site_id=0&cat=0

im excited for this, although i thought HH was terrible (but i loved all three songs on the 7"). i still think storms is the best album tim kasher OR stephen pedersen have ever done. criteria needs to put out a new record.

http://www.kutakrock.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=DspBio&id=4632&site_id=0&cat=0

while on tour with criteria, to make extra money he would do legal work dealing with bands and their contracts with record companies and such.