New Gaslight Anthem 10"

Soooo...is this new?

The Gaslight Anthem has announced that they will be releasing a limited edition 10" for this year's Record Store Day (4/18/2009). The release is titled "Live at Park Ave." and, as the name hints at, features a live recording of the band's performance at Park Avenue CDs this past fall, when they were passing through Orlando, FL. This release will be sold exclusively at independent records stores across the country (see the list of participants here recordstoreday.com), in an effort to encourage music fans to keep patronizing their local indie music stores. "Live at Park Ave." features 6 songs that The Gaslight Anthem rarely plays live ("Film Noir", "Miles Davis & the Cool", "Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts", "The Navesink Banks", "Here's Looking at You, Kid" and a cover of "Once Upon a Time", originally written by Robert Bradley's Blackwater Surprise). So mark April 18th on your calendar and get yourself to your favorite local record store on that day!

Get stoked for ebay!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So all the participating stores on recordstoreday get copies of this? Or is it just select participating stores?

It would have to be just select stores I'd think since they'd have to order it from their distributor. It's not like they just sign up to participate in Record Store Day and then the day before they get a UPS delivery with a bunch of Matador seven inches and Gaslight Anthem records to sell.

So all the participating stores on recordstoreday get copies of this? Or is it just select participating stores?

It would have to be just select stores I'd think since they'd have to order it from their distributor. It's not like they just sign up to participate in Record Store Day and then the day before they get a UPS delivery with a bunch of Matador seven inches and Gaslight Anthem records to sell.

Yep this is how it is and the store Will be at will have both Matador and Gaslight stuff so again if any one wants me to get them one PM me and I will hook u up

Yeah, that makes sense. So I guess I'll have to ask Crooked Beat if their distributors deal with Side One Dummy and go from there. I might request that they try to score some of these.

features 6 songs that The Gaslight Anthem rarely plays live ("Film Noir", "Miles Davis & the Cool", "Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts", "The Navesink Banks", "Here's Looking at You, Kid"

I saw them play all of these last week minus Navesink Banks. :)

What show did you go to? I heard the London show at Shepherd's Bush Empire was insane -- that place is huge!