I live in constant regret (depressing thread)

Guest scriptedrain

I skipped out on a Dashboard Confessional show that I truly regret. It was for the 3 openers: The Get Up Kids, Thrice, and Motion City Soundtrack.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i go to crowded shows alone, i get panic attacks. especially since i really don't fit into any set scene, so there's 200 identical looking motherfuckers and i stick out like a sore thumb. only shows i could go to alone were ska shows, mainly because everyone there just wants to have fun.

Going to a show with someone is usually the exception for me. I'm pretty much always at shows by myself. None of my friends really like the same music I do. My roommate will always usually accompany me when it's Fall Out Boy or Motion City Soundtrack, but that's the extent of it.

Most of the time I end up meeting up with someone from here or on one of the other boards I post on and that's usually if I go out of town.

I don't mind it so much at all. I mean yeah, sometimes it's boring and kind of awkward since I'm shy and there is no one to talk to between set changes but once the bands start I don't care at all. In fact most of the time I'll make a friend in line and end up standing near each other inside the venue.

On October 15th, 2007, the Sundowner/ American Steel / Falcon / Lawrence Arms tour came through to Pittsburgh, PA at the Rex theatre. Around this time is when I seriously started getting into all of these bands a hell of a lot. I was psyched for this show.

My friend wanted to go see Defiance, Ohio on the other end of town, as did I, but not as much. She felt the same way about the Larry Arms show.

We ended up going to neither, and did nothing that night.

It still bugs me to this day.

Things like this have happened several times to me. I could have seen Damien Rice when Lisa was still with him, but I didn't go because no one wanted to go with me.

Regrets.

Going to shows alone is like going to the movies alone -- it's hard to do at first, but once you can overcome the fear, a whole new world of entertainment opens up.

I've gone to tons of shows alone over the years. It's not that bad since there's bound to be a bunch of people you know there anyway.

Back in like '93, I went to see Black Train Jack play on Halloween at the Trocadero. Found out a couple weeks before the show that Farside was playing Philly the same night. Stuck to my guns and saw B.T.J. (who I had already seen before). Farside never came back to Philly that I knew of and have since broken up. Regret.

Back in like '93, I went to see Black Train Jack play on Halloween at the Trocadero. Found out a couple weeks before the show that Farside was playing Philly the same night. Stuck to my guns and saw B.T.J. (who I had already seen before). Farside never came back to Philly that I knew of and have since broken up. Regret.
BUT YOU GOT TO SEE BLACK TRAIN JACK

when i found out they opened the Gorilla Biscuits reunion at CBGB's I was more upset that BTJ opened than seeing GB...if I'd known i would have flown to NY just to see them.

I skipped out on a Dashboard Confessional show that I truly regret. It was for the 3 openers: The Get Up Kids, Thrice, and Motion City Soundtrack.

was this the civic tour? i went when hot water was opening, not motion city. but i also skipped dashboard, except i dont regret it. that was the only time i saw the get up kids, they played a great set for being the second out of four bands.