is this considered blasphemy?

andrew13

Now if you wanna talk blasphemy, I prefer post-reunion Descendents records to their original albums.

everything sucks is my favorite descendents record, followed closely by i don't want to grow up, then milo goes to college.

i also really like ALL. i'm not really into the original ALL line up, much prefer chad or scott to dave. i think i like chad the best, though scott had some killer songs with them. my favorite ALL album is a tie between allroy's revenge and mass nerder. if you don't enjoy that album then i don't know what's wrong!

but i also agree with hickey, that ALL is more of a good song band rather than an album band. my first experience listening to ALL was the "greatest hits" cd they put out, and i love every single song on that one, plus it sounds better.

heres the thing...they're practically interchangeable...

both bands feature mostly the same people.

both bands have amazing catchy songs.

both bands have weird funk/math-y songs.

both bands have mildly controversial homophobic songs(not one person that brings up the "I'm Not A Loser" boring old argument seems to have ever heard the All song "Hetero" which is 10X's worse. Get over it, Milo's not homophobic...Karl Alvarez(songwriter of Hetero(which is on Pummel)), anyway, Karl I can't speak for judging y the lyrics of that one song.

both bands, when they're amazing they're unbelievable.

both bands, when they're bad it's embarrassing for all of us. ("Frog" by ALL comes to mind)

All has just put out more records and pretty much since Breaking Things has normalized a bit and stuck to being a poppy punk rock band.

...but then again so has the Descendents on both of their post-reunion records.

They're a win/win group of fellas and even the spin off bands have always been quality:

Tony ALL record....fuckin good.

the Pavers-Local 1500 is pure genius(everything else is ok)

Goodbye Harry is good, not amazing, but i also haven't heard all the records

Bonesaw Romance is ok...but weird

Scott 7 the steaming Beast record is pretty good, i need to listen to it more though.

Down By Law is pretty fucking awesome or really mediocre...and sometimes awful...but I own every record they put out, practically

Only Crime's first record is pretty good, second, not so much.

the Lemonheads record with Bill and Karl...pretty cool

Drag the River...how could a band with Jon Snodgrass and Chad Price be bad? I'm not super into the country thing but they're good at what they do.

unless I'm forgetting something that Stephen has done aside from that project with Scott... that's all the main spin off bands.

Wow... I've always thought that TonyALL was the most embarrassing thing in their closet. Far worse than "Frog" or any other singular song.

Bill wrote the song "Hetero", not Karl (Karl wrote the anti-straight edge song on the album). I asked him about it once since it's so bizarre, and out of left field. Basically it was an overreaction to the romanticizing of Kurt Cobain's suicide and the then popular trend of "being bi". Truth be told, I think it had something to do with the 15 years of constant MRR type reviews that said they were homophobic and sexist for writing songs about girls.

I liked the Tony ALL record...my mistake on the Hetero writing credit...either way that song is way worse on a lyrical level to I'm Not a Loser.

Yeah, that song is probably the worst they've ever written. Musically it's pretty blah and lyrically it's repugnant.

I'm ok with the few lines at the end of "I'm Not A Loser".

I liked the Tony ALL record...my mistake on the Hetero writing credit...either way that song is way worse on a lyrical level to I'm Not a Loser.

Yeah, that song is probably the worst they've ever written. Musically it's pretty blah and lyrically it's repugnant.

well once you read the umpteenth interview where Milo defends those lyrics you should get the point that in the song he's calling "the bully character" a "fucking homo" & "gay" because he's turning it around and calling them something he was called by people when they picked on him. It's fucking frustrating that people don't get that...were you not picked on ever? I agree the song is in poor taste a bit...but in the context of the song it makes sense.

well once you read the umpteenth interview where Milo defends those lyrics you should get the point that in the song he's calling "the bully character" a "fucking homo" & "gay" because he's turning it around and calling them something he was called by people when they picked on him. It's fucking frustrating that people don't get that...were you not picked on ever? I agree the song is in poor taste a bit...but in the context of the song it makes sense.

Dude... I said I'm ok with the lyrics to "I'm Not A Loser". It was my theme song for my high school years. I fully understand it's context.

I was referring to the song "Hetero" as being lyrically repugnant.

Dude... I said I'm ok with the lyrics to "I'm Not A Loser". It was my theme song for my high school years. I fully understand it's context.

I was referring to the song "Hetero" as being lyrically repugnant.

that wasn't directed towards you, I was finishing the thought...