worst vinyl experience

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought Voorhees / Devoid of faith LP , LTD tour cover ...................

When the package arrived i recived Air ..... there was nothing inside the 'box', It was completely sealed around the 'box' with loads of tape

Ill just never understand why he went to all the bother of posting it

He claimed he had sent it and that all he could think is that some one stole it en-route !

cheeky bastard

mine isn't so bad, but is still kind of a bummer. i ordered a couple records that were advertised as colored (from someone who posts here) and when i got them only one was on color like i ordered. i emailed the seller and he told me "they ran out" and to "send it back if i didn't want it" i mean, intimately i was fine with it on black on not color, but it seems sort of unprofessional to me to ship records without contacting the customer first to see if its alright. other then that i've been lucky with just an occasional small item discrepancy, or waiting awhile for shipping.

Guest scriptedrain

I haven't had any memorable bad experiences receiving anything, but I have ordered Jack's Mannequin - Everything in Transit four seperate times from different places and all four got back to me a week to a month later to tell me that they don't actually have it in stock despite having listed it when I ordered it. Worst part about it is that I want it for Jess, it's not even for me.

I haven't had any memorable bad experiences receiving anything, but I have ordered Jack's Mannequin - Everything in Transit four seperate times from different places and all four got back to me a week to a month later to tell me that they don't actually have it in stock despite having listed it when I ordered it. Worst part about it is that I want it for Jess, it's not even for me.

I'm going back to my favorite record store next week, so I'll check again for you. I keep looking for it, but I can never find it anywhere!

I bought a 7" off eBay for $20, and it never showed up. I contacted the seller, and she was kind of a bitch, so I filed a claim and got the money back.

When I bought my copy of Echoes, Silence, Patience, & Grace from a local record store, I opened it, and the D-side, and a HUGE surface mark which covers the entire side. It hasn't posed a problem yet, though.

Guest scriptedrain

I'm going back to my favorite record store next week, so I'll check again for you. I keep looking for it, but I can never find it anywhere!

Thanks man!

my two copies of new found glory - sticks and stones. showed up to my door as one copy of the S/T

what ever happened with that?

sent the company (west aspen merch) an email to every departed and never heard back from them. Anyone have contacts with someone at drive thru. Not stoked at all on the lack of customer service.

I had an annoyingly bad vinyl experience once.

I ordered a copy of the Sunn O)))/Boris "Altar" 3xLP, on light blue from Southern Lord. The copy I received had some damage to it. Mainly that the first couple pages were glued together, there were some odd creases and what looked like excess paper where the booklet hadn't been cut properly at the plant, and all four corners of the package were pretty badly banged up. So, I emailed Southern Lord and asked about it, the guy requested that I send pictures of the damage, which I did with no problem at all. He told me no problem, and he'd get a replacement cover out to me ASAP, when it didn't come for a while, I emailed asking about it, to which SL replied with something to the effect of "there was an error at the plant, they should be back in stock soon." A few more weeks go by, and still nothing, so I emailed back and they said that the covers would be back in stock on the following Monday and I would have one sent to me as soon as they came in. Yet more time passes, and I still haven't recieved anything, so I emailed again, and from then on, I haven't been able to get a response from SL about it at all.

It really upsets me because the release is beautiful, I just want a jacket that isn't all screwed up.

I guess the worst for me was when I was selling Smoke or Fire- This Sinking Ship on both blue LP's (smoky and solid) on ebay. It ended up selling for 150, but the high bidder was some douche bag who drove up the price a rediculous amount, instantly left me bad feed back saying I was a "shady seller," and then contacted all other bidders saying not to take my second chance offers! I was rip shit, because I had friends who bid and they let me know about it. I did a little digging and was able to get his telephone number. I called and emailed, and finally he got back to me saying that it was his girlfriend who did it on his name...yeah...right.

I guess the worst for me was when I was selling Smoke or Fire- This Sinking Ship on both blue LP's (smoky and solid) on ebay. It ended up selling for 150, but the high bidder was some douche bag who drove up the price a rediculous amount, instantly left me bad feed back saying I was a "shady seller," and then contacted all other bidders saying not to take my second chance offers! I was rip shit, because I had friends who bid and they let me know about it. I did a little digging and was able to get his telephone number. I called and emailed, and finally he got back to me saying that it was his girlfriend who did it on his name...yeah...right.

shame on you for having you friends bid on your ebay auctions!! Is that what you meant?

In high school I had a copy of Agnostic Front's "Liberty and Justice For..." on yellow marble. I REALLY liked that LP and would spit it often while playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 on my N64. A few days after I graduated, I got on a plane and flew to Montreal for a 2 month stay. I had a great time and it was an awesome summer of self-discovery! However, everyone I talked to back in Regina would tell me how hot the summer was (summer of 2002). I didn't think anything of it though, being a 40 hour drive away. Anyways, when I got back, I walked into my bedroom, took a look at my turntable and saw that I had left my AF LP on there all summer long. To say it was warped would be an understatement. It was FUCKED! I then tried to play it and it sounded hilarious. It would go really fast for a couple seconds, then normalize, then go really slow. I wish I still had that LP...however I traded it to a guy for an Ensign basketball jersey a few years ago. He was super fat and it didn't fit him anyways.

shame on you for having you friends bid on your ebay auctions!! Is that what you meant?

Haha, not what I meant. They were bidding on it because they missed out on them and wanted it. They weren't so much friends as people who posted on the same board as me.

Haha, not what I meant. They were bidding on it because they missed out on them and wanted it. They weren't so much friends as people who posted on the same board as me.

haha fair enough i was only busting ya balls

i ordered smashing pumpkins gish from a distributor on ebay and it came warped. sent it back for replacement that also came warped. decided to cut my losses and ended up special ordering it at my local store...

bought raconteurs - broken boy soldiers at a local shop that stocks a minimal amount of vinyl and opened it to find a pretty warped record. returned it and the manager was really pissy with me about it. "we don't return opened vinyl." i was finally able to convince her that it was the same thing as if i bought a cd and it skipped and that she needed to replace it for me.

people who don't collect vinyl should not be allowed to manage record stores that sell vinyl. >:(

I just remembered a story. I had pre ordered a bunch of records either from bridge9 or deathwish i can't remember(doesn't matter). I arrive home from work to see my packages in a fucking plastic bag leaned up against the curb on my street.!!! I guess the mail person decided they were going to be a lazy piece of shit and leave them not on my doorstep (my mailbox is at the end of my driveway) but in the middle of my street!!!.. i was furious but luckily nothing was wrong with the records, just a fucked up situation.

I just remembered a story. I had pre ordered a bunch of records either from bridge9 or deathwish i can't remember(doesn't matter). I arrive home from work to see my packages in a fucking plastic bag leaned up against the crib on my street.!!! I guess the mail person decided they were going to be a lazy piece of shit and leave them not on my doorstep (my mailbox is at the end of my driveway) but in the middle of my street!!!.. i was furious but luckily nothing was wrong with the records, just a fucked up situation.

I would flip the fuck out if that happened to me.

So this might not be the worst experience ever, but it's funny-

I won a Poacher Diaries on ebay last month. I only paid like 8 bucks +5 for shipping. The day the auction ended I paid the guy through paypal, Jan 19th. I sit around and didn't see anything so I contact the guy on Feb 3rd. Seller responds he'd sent it sometime in the previous week. He apologized for the delay apparently his secretary (his wife) was supposed to have done it and didn't. I said, cool. So i wait and still don't see anything. I contact him again on the 11th and he states it was mailed weeks ago and it should have arrived. I end up getting home last night and it had showed up. But here's the thing, the postmark is february 4th. The guy never even attempted to mail it until after i had reached out to him the first time. and then lied about it.

So I felt justified in leaving negetive feedback and this was his response in my email today:

"You left me negative feedback?? What the fuck you little punk. It's piece's of shit like you that karma always burns in the end. I hope you enjoy your record after you shove it up your ass!!"

Um... ouch. Don't buy records from Terryg45.

Guest genericinsight
So this might not be the worst experience ever, but it's funny-

I won a Poacher Diaries on ebay last month. I only paid like 8 bucks +5 for shipping. The day the auction ended I paid the guy through paypal, Jan 19th. I sit around and didn't see anything so I contact the guy on Feb 3rd. Seller responds he'd sent it sometime in the previous week. He apologized for the delay apparently his secretary (his wife) was supposed to have done it and didn't. I said, cool. So i wait and still don't see anything. I contact him again on the 11th and he states it was mailed weeks ago and it should have arrived. I end up getting home last night and it had showed up. But here's the thing, the postmark is february 4th. The guy never even attempted to mail it until after i had reached out to him the first time. and then lied about it.

So I felt justified in leaving negetive feedback and this was his response in my email today:

"You left me negative feedback?? What the fuck you little punk. It's piece's of shit like you that karma always burns in the end. I hope you enjoy your record after you shove it up your ass!!"

Um... ouch. Don't buy records from Terryg45.

wow. he got all bent out of shape over negative feedback? I didn't realize people took ebay so seriously.