I hate getting badly shipped vinyl

Im kinda glad this thread got resurrected. Anybody notice that when you buy something on ebay and you get a really good deal(like pay waaay less than the records worth), the seller always does a bad packaging job. I hate when that shit happens. That even happens alot when i pay market value for a record. When a record is worth over say $20, dont just throw it in a large Lp mailer box with no plastic sleeve, no bubble wrap, no other protection. Its moves around like crazy and the cover gets completely fucked up. Your NM record now suddenly looks like crap.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never believed this before, but . . .

Bridge 9 just send me a record with the LP and sleeve still inside the jacket. well, the LP ripped holes in three sides of the sleeve and then through the spine on the jacket.

kind of bullshit if you ask me.

Same thing happened with my Crime In Stereo Is Dead from B9..

i just pre-ordered a record and emailed the label asking them to ship the lps outside of the sleeve in order to prevent seam splits but he wasn't even really sure what i was talking about and thought it would damage the records so i explained to him what i meant and how it was just a good method of packing so the record doesn't get fucked up. i really hope he understood me.

I ordered some records from a guy on ebay, and they all came with bent corners. They weren't cheap either. I feel like if I should tell the guy but I dunno, I don't wanna look like a crybaby. Have you guys ever complained about something like this?

i don't know, i think you're out of luck. i mean it's worth a shot but i don't think there's much anyone is going to do about bent corners since they'll just blame it on the postal service. splits are different because they are easily preventable.