I hate getting badly shipped vinyl

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to say i'm a bit horrified that people on this board were that unsure about how to send vinyl. i mean, there's always the chance that a record can get damaged while being shipped, that's why folks should always take some extra precautions when they're going to ship something to someone.

Guest genericinsight

since everyone seems to be really pissed at certain ways to ship may I ask what everyone feels is the correct way? since I've shipped some of these ways before. I mean I didn't really ever think there was a "correct" way to ship vinyl as long as it wasn't damaged... I just follow what I've seen labels and other people do. I'd like to know for future reference.

i've had this happen too. but wouldn't it really only happen if its a poorly made sleeve?

am i being ignorant?

say it falls somewhere and it lands on it's side in transit, a record is fairly heavy compared to the box, falling at that speed it'd shred through most sleeves.

This happened to my BANE Picture disk. Tore right through the plastic sleeve.

Bubble wrap is a little excessive (unless you have it laying around or the mailer leaves room for the record to bounce around). I find cardboard does the trick.

I agree. Usually a piece of cardboard or two is enough to keep it safely inside the mailer without it bouncing around.

Idk i feel like if a person puts extra protection into sending my record, i know i will 100% buy/trade from that person again. Its the little extras like bubble wrap or a "hey did you get your record yet" that puts a person on my good trader/buyer list. All personal feelings ofcourse.

i need to start leaving comments in their order box to ship the LP and sleeve outside of the jacket.

not a bad idea

i concur. i feel like if i say that though they're not going to on purpose just to piss me off. i'm not sure why, i just do.

with that said, another record today, another split on the spine. :-[

• 2 months later...