I hate getting badly shipped vinyl

it pisses me off. the dude just put two pieces of carboard together and taped all the edges together with the vinyl inside, not only that, but the tape was stuck to the sleeve itself, tearing the sleeve as i attempted to get the tape off. Well, the sleeve isn't in the best condition, but at least he was honest that the vinyl was in good condition.

still, pisses me off.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it pisses me off. the dude just put two pieces of carboard together and taped all the edges together with the vinyl inside, not only that, but the tape was stuck to the sleeve itself, tearing the sleeve as i attempted to get the tape off. Well, the sleeve isn't in the best condition, but at least he was honest that the vinyl was in good condition.

still, pisses me off.

This is how Asian Man Records shipped me my Bomb The Music Industry LP last year. You'd think that label would know better.

i need to be corrected on something...whats advantageous about sending the record outside the sleeve? and if thats the way to do it, whats the correct way to send things?

I know alot of sellers who do this, and i understand their reasoning. say during shipping the package gets bent, this way the sleeve will bend and the records will not be in the sleeve, thus not getting bent with the sleeve. at least, i think thats what i've been told.

i guess that's part of it. but people send them out of the sleeve to prevent seam splits.

i've had this happen too. but wouldn't it really only happen if its a poorly made sleeve?

am i being ignorant?

say it falls somewhere and it lands on it's side in transit, a record is fairly heavy compared to the box, falling at that speed it'd shred through most sleeves.

if the package gets bent wouldn't the record get bent regardless if it is in its' sleeve or not?

i'm confused.

the sleeve will crease much more readily with the record inside. with the record outside the sleeve, there is nothing for the sleeve to crease on if the package happened to get chucked around a bit.