PO: GREEN DAY "39 Smooth" and "Kerplunk" LP/dbl 7"

Guest admin1338560633

[image][image]

GREEN DAY "39 Smooth" LP + dbl 7"

GREEN DAY "Kerplunk!" LP + dbl 7"

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&sku=Reprise517

I have been wondering for a while now when these classic records would finally be re-issued. For those that don't know these albums pre-dated Green Day's first commercial breakthrough, "Dookie". Lookout originally released these two albums and because the label got behind on paying the royalties, the band took back the rights to these albums. I love these albums and they will also remind me of my introduction into independent music and punk rock. Kerplunk may always be my favorite Green Day album, too. As a matter of fact, I am gonna listen to these records right now. Fuck yeah.

Not sure what will be on the bonus double 7"s, but from what I have heard the LPs are on 180 gram vinyl. If you don't own these albums and consider yourself a Green Day fan, these albums are absolutely essential.

Should have these by the end of March.

Wait, so American Idiot isn't the bands first record!?!?!?! :o

you never know, some might not be familiar with these records since they have been out of print for a bit. I know most of you know what's up.

Ironically, Kerplunk was the first CD I ever bought.

Up until then, it was all cassettes and vinyl.

Green Day played Tampa in 1991 at the long-gone Star Club, where I used to work the door sometimes, too.

Anyway, the band was hanging out at my friend's pizza joint, Ybor Pizza and Subs. I didn't know them at the time, but we hung out with them all afternoon playing foosball. They even shared their beer with me. They insisted I come to the show.

A few months later when Keplunk came out, I went to buy it at Alternative Records (also long gone). The only format they had it in was CD. Although I didn't have a CD player at the time, I went ahead and bought it. Yeah, so I had to buy a CD player to hear it. I still have that CD along with my original 7"s.

I just might have to pick these up. ;)

Kerplunk was the first Lookout release I ever bought. The day it came in, some dude who went to UCSB, worked at the local record store and was playing it when I went in on my usual Tuesday stop. That, of course, led me to Screeching Weasel, OpIvy, Queers, etc. and all kinds of other good shit.

Kerplunk was the first Lookout release I ever bought. The day it came in, some dude who went to UCSB, worked at the local record store and was playing it when I went in on my usual Tuesday stop. That, of course, led me to Screeching Weasel, OpIvy, Queers, etc. and all kinds of other good shit.

green day and op ivy introduced me to lookout which also resulted in getting into weasel, queers, and so on. It is sad that Lookout really isn't lookout anymore.

How long will these stay in print, and will each press have the double 7"? I've already spent way too much on records this week and need to wait til next week...

No 39/Smooth will have two 7" records (1,000 Hours and Slappy EPs) with it while Kerplunk will have one 7" record (Sweet Children EP) with it. They are currently up for preorder (won't be out until the end of march). Not sure how many are being pressed. Hope this helps.