ATTENTION! FAKE BANNON PRINTS ARE CIRCULATING!

Guest kevinb

There is a whole drama going on w/ this character. There is a huge thread over at EB about this. Not only has he been circulating fake Bannon prints, but also Horkey, Bertmer, and Fairey. So much so, that Bannon, Horkey, and Bertmer have made posts denouncing the dude and also confirming that the prints are fake.

Links:

EB: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32384

DW: http://deathwishinc.com/deathtalk/read.php?3,74243

from what i can gather the guy responds

""First, sorry it took me this long to get on this thread. I was in NYC up until yesterday and didn't get wind of this until last night. I first heard about the Horkey print being a fake from another member of EB(thank you for giving me the heads up!). I contacted Kellum about it and he assured me that he was taking care of the matter and that the fake was sold to him and that he was unaware up until that point. I can't say one way or another about the validity behind it, but I do remember him getting this print in the mail. Then... I started getting multiple paypal disputes on my account for pieces not received. Then.... I got a message from a fellow photog(badjon) asking about his Jane Doe print possibly being fake. When all of this happened at the same time, it was obvious that something was totally screwed. I talked to badjon on the phone and confirmed that the piece he has is 100% fake. His is numbered #27. Well... I own #27, the thing is hanging in my house. So things at that point started to become pretty clear. When I first met Kellum about 6 months ago to photograph him we hit it off pretty well in regards to some similar music and were into a couple of the same visual artists. A little after that he asked to borrow my Jane Doe print for just a couple of days(it was in a flat file at the time... hadn't found the right frame just yet). The reason he gave me for borrowing it sounded completely legit and I didn't think twice about it... because what friend would do something crazy like this to another friend right? Well it's pretty obvious at this point that during that time he had it copied to later sell.

As far as him having access to my paypal and ebay. John asked if I would list a hand full of prints on ebay a while back and in return he would throw me a couple of prints that he had that I was interested in because he was just too busy at the time to handle all of it. I had no problem with it, I was getting some good prints and good feedback on ebay. Nothing seemed shady and every single one of those sales went through without any problems. This happened one more time a little more recently too, this is when badjon got his Jane. During those sales, Kellum just had me list them, but sent me the pictures and the info to put with each sale... because if he would have brought a #27 Jane to my house for me to list and take pictures of... something might have told me it was a fake........ He had access to my paypal account because at one point he needed to add a bunch of tracking info for sales he had made... but had everything paid via my account. I know that at this point something should have clicked in my head, but I don't think that way because I'm not the type that would do some shit like this. I was being naive I guess, and I tend to trust people a little too much apparently. So... Kellum advised me today that he is getting everyone straightened out about all of the BS prints that were sent out or not received at all. I don't want anyone thinking I'm an accomplice to all of this total bullshit. That's not at all my style. My kindness and willingness to help a friend out was taken advantage of. I'm honestly not even sure where to begin with these paypal disputes. I've never had to deal with something like this. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would definitely be appreciated.

Also, I've done some live photog work for some of the artists that I'm really into(Bannon, Baizley) and now I'm sure to them it seems as if I'm in on this. So besides screwing with all of this on a personal level, it is also affecting my name on a business level... which affects myself and my family... which pisses me off more than anyone can begin to even realize. I apologize for naivety causing problem for a large amount of people. I have been keeping contact with Kellum since all of this shit started. He assures me it is all being taken care of at this very moment. I have no problem answering questions for anyone. Ask badjon, he messaged me and I asked him to give me a call so I could get the details to get all of it figured out. I have zero to hide about this and will be 100% forthcoming with any information I do have.

I'm headed to bed for the night but will be checking this thread again tomorrow.

Danin Drahos"

There are still a lot of good people in the print (and record for purposes of this board) trading community. It all comes down to the person looking for the print. Do some research to make sure you're not getting hosed.

In this particular case though...a lot of people were in the dark about the prints being fakes. It wasn't until someone called the guy out b/c they were suspicious, that more and more people saw that the prints they had obtained from the same person were turning out to be fakes.

It's gotten to the point where the guy sold alleged A/Ps of some Bertmer prints, and Bertmer himself said that those particular A/Ps were in his and ShirtAndDestroy's possesion and at no point they had sold or given any to anyone outside.

From what developed in the EB thread, the Danin Drahos person that you quoted there brad is not the guy in question selling the fakes. The culprit is Kellum228 from what I've been reading in all the threads.

If anyone is a regular over at Deathtalk, you will recall that he was selling 3 Jane Doe prints a while back.

never liked this guy. he posted on the deathwish boards a lot -- almost exclusively in regards to art prints. his "enthusiasm" about prints was pretty offputting -- and this is coming from someone who really enjoys collecting prints. i see now it was most likely an attempt at gaining trust from others within the forums he posted on. i remember him specifically selling 3 jane doe prints (which have now been figured out were fake) on ebay at once and then selling a supposed AP of a howling woof print on DWI. florian bertmer's already come out and said no way its legit. he also sold some of bannon's other work on the DW boards and it always seemed disrespectful to me, really. none of this surprises me now though.

thanks for the clear up jaun. this is all pretty insane - i never realized how big prints are until a few months ago and i'm thinking of buying a couple. obviously a jane doe one would be awesome but i'm holding out for that for a bit.

i'm thinking about the angel of the spires by drew speziale (ctts)

anyone have one?