Watchmen Tomatometer thread.

I'm still really torn on this because

***SPOILER ALERT***

They don't use the fucking squid. I know that it's more the idea behind it, than the animal itself but the option I've heard they use instead sound amazingly lame.

From what I hear the ending is actually the best part of the film. And this came from hardcore squid lovers.

Why did you think it would suck? Besides Rorschach's stupid voice, that is. I just read the graphic novel, and I am very excited to see this movie.

Without getting into too much nerd detail, the graphic novel is insanely dense. There's a ton of stuff that's in there that may not translate well to film (old press clippings, psych analysis). Not to mention I've heard they cut almost 40 minutes of the film and doesn't include "The Curse of the Black Freighter" or the previously mentioned item.

I dunno, it's a hard work to do, it's not Spiderman

Why did you think it would suck? Besides Rorschach's stupid voice, that is. I just read the graphic novel, and I am very excited to see this movie.

Without getting into too much nerd detail, the graphic novel is insanely dense. There's a ton of stuff that's in there that may not translate well to film (old press clippings, psych analysis). Not to mention I've heard they cut almost 40 minutes of the film and doesn't include "The Curse of the Black Freighter" or the previously mentioned item.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':h5drm4nu]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':h5drm4nu]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Wikipedia:

Tales of the Black Freighter, a comic within the Watchmen comic, will be adapted as a direct-to-video animated feature from Warner Premiere and Warner Bros. Animation, which will be released on March 24, 2009

Kind of disappointing, as I liked the way the Black Freighter story sort of interwove with the rest of the story, but oh well.

Guest drahtuos

spoiler warning....

as long as ozymandias fakes an alien invasion on new york to prevent nuclear war and dr. mannattan vaporizes rorschach so that he can't expose ozymandias i'll be happy.