new nofx record/coaster/frisbee

Wolves was great but come on!

Heavy Petting Zoo

SLATFATS

There is no way Wolves is better than either of those two records

although i must admit after reading that statement it's at least made me want to give it another spin.

I actually haven't given Wolves much of a chance.

Nofx and Bad Religion are touring Australia together later this year with the possibility of another fat band as support (rumoured to be the loved ones)

i cannot fucking wait.

seen nofx a number of times and bad religion came out here just last year but watching both bands together is going to be one hell of a boozy party.

Yea give Wolves another chance. Its fucking awesome.

SLATFATS is a nearly flawless album. Lots of different kinds of songs on there and they all worked out perfectly. I think thats the best album they have ever written. Not my favorite but I think its their best one.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

errorism is dogs balls, i cannot stand that album.

Maybe I am just getting old and hate all their new stuff because I hear little poser kids talking about how much they love franco unamerican (possibly the worst song ever written).

Ahhh hurry up and kick in coffee i dont want to be grumpy

i'm trying to get into NOFX. i always sort of felt like they were a watered down Propagandhi, but i've been spinning some of their stuff and it's growing on me.

anyone got favorites?

err... how can they be a watered down propagandhi if they were first. propagandhi is like a not so good Bad religion in my opinion.

don't really like propagandhi. how to clean everything is an all right album.

i'm trying to get into NOFX. i always sort of felt like they were a watered down Propagandhi, but i've been spinning some of their stuff and it's growing on me.

anyone got favorites?

Listen to the song Linoleum from Punk In Drublic. If you dont like that song then dont waste your time trying to get into them. Thats like THE NOFX song.

anyone got favorites?

err... how can they be a watered down propagandhi if they were first. propagandhi is like a not so good Bad religion in my opinion.

I love Propagandhi but anything after Less Talk is nothing even close to sounding like NOFX. I dont think Propagandhi sound anything like BR either tho.

I love Propagandhi but anything after Less Talk is nothing even close to sounding like NOFX. I dont think Propagandhi sound anything like BR either tho.

true. they sound more like BR then NOFX. i guess i just don't really listen to anything to compare propagandhi with. slipknot or some metal band maybe. lol. i'm going to leave this thread before i get lynched for that comparison. propagandhi sounds kind of metal.

anyone got favorites?

well i mean beacuse they came before Propagandhi doesn't really change the fact that i think their sound comes across like a weaker "Less Talk More Rock". i guess watered down in the sense that they both play uptempo poppy punk with a political message but Propagandhi always did it better, more intellectually, and a bit more sincerely. obviously the point of NOFX has never been to be intellectual or sincere but i've always seen alot of similarities in their stuff. obviously that doesn't apply to newer propagandhi.

travis-i know the song/album, i've listened to NOFX since middle school but i've never really thought of them as much more than occasionally enjoyable skate punk. trying to change that though. thanks for the recommendation anyway.

yeah i know im a NOFX noob though

well i mean beacuse they came before Propagandhi doesn't really change the fact that i think their sound comes across like a weaker "Less Talk More Rock". i guess watered down in the sense that they both play uptempo poppy punk with a political message but Propagandhi always did it better, more intellectually, and a bit more sincerely. obviously the point of NOFX has never been to be intellectual or sincere but i've always seen alot of similarities in their stuff. obviously that doesn't apply to newer propagandhi.

travis-i know the song/album, i've listened to NOFX since middle school but i've never really thought of them as much more than occasionally enjoyable skate punk. trying to change that though. thanks for the recommendation anyway.

Yea if you only enjoy them occasionally at this point I doubt you will find anything else by them that will make you a huge fan

Yea if you only enjoy them occasionally at this point I doubt you will find anything else by them that will make you a huge fan

probably, but hey War On Errorism sounded alot better a few days ago in my car than it ever had before, so i'll hope otherwise!!!!

i sort of feel like my impression of NOFX has been permanently biased because i heard Turn Up The Valium at a young age and really didn't care for it.

Nofx and Bad Religion are touring Australia together later this year with the possibility of another fat band as support (rumoured to be the loved ones)

i cannot fucking wait.

seen nofx a number of times and bad religion came out here just last year but watching both bands together is going to be one hell of a boozy party.

I've heard this rumoured a few times, any source?

probably, but hey War On Errorism sounded alot better a few days ago in my car than it ever had before, so i'll hope otherwise!!!!

i sort of feel like my impression of NOFX has been permanently biased because i heard Turn Up The Valium at a young age and really didn't care for it.

Pump Up The Valuum?

You knew what he meant.

I prefer Hefe-era NOFX much more than their oldest stuff. Don't really have much of an order in terms of favorite albums, though. Probably given PUTV the most listening. That album always made me laugh.

I'm very excited for this album. Saw 2 of the songs live a few weeks ago, were both awesome.

You knew what he meant.

I prefer Hefe-era NOFX much more than their oldest stuff. Don't really have much of an order in terms of favorite albums, though. Probably given PUTV the most listening. That album always made me laugh.

I'm very excited for this album. Saw 2 of the songs live a few weeks ago, were both awesome.

i've definitely listened to PID the most throughout my life. PUTV is decent. Definitely a great album but i consider it under PID, WTTHAAB, maybe WOE... its pretty even with WOE in my books.