is bad financial effect to your collecting ?

I've definitely been cutting down on new purchases in the last month or two. Still buying stuff I really want, just trying to cut back on impulse buys and and taking chances on stuff I'm not familiar with.

But that has less to do with the shit economy and more to do with me trying to go on vacation in a month. Recession-proof jobs FTW!

I've been "forced" to trim down my collection. Started selling on eBay a few variants and records I got on "whims". Dumb purchases at the time. As of right now not expecting to make a lot of money. Some money is fine...but mostly to get them out of the house and make room.

As for record buying. A lot more selective on what releases to get as they've been coming out.

I never "trim down" my collection. However I have stopped buying every color of a record unless it is something I absolutely love and can't stand not having them all and even then I'm likely not to. Almost every new release that comes out on multiple colors I just pick the one I like the most (or the one that they made the least of) and stick with that. A good example is the Torche records, while I love those records, I can't justify or afford buying 6 copies of the same record at once anymore.

It has affected me in terms of NOT selling because prices are low. I am not going to sell anything and not get a good buck for it.

I suppose it has also effected my buying but only because I am going to take advantage of the buyers market in real estate which is a bit more important then buying records.

I have not really had to sell alot of things yet just basically what a bunch of ther people said on just got rid of stuff that was basically taking up space.........I def have tried to trade alot more to get new records and have been alot more selective whith what I buy but at the same time if its worth it I will but myself it some CC debt to get it. At the same point there are some things such as box sets and stuff were I find myself saving up for them instead of just buying like I woulduve done is the past.