IMadeThisMistake "It's Okay" LP (Joe Proffit cover

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

IMadeThisMistake "It's Okay" LP (Joe Proffit covers)

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/TCR001-1IMTM

Joe Proffit (August 2008 VCCOTM) http://www.vinylcollective.com/2008/08/02/vinyl-collector-of-the-month-joe-proffitt/ created new LP jackets for IMadeThisMistake's most recent tour, but if I remember correctly, those covers never made it to the band in time for their tour thanks to the really great service of the USPS. Not quite sure how many were made (Joe/Kyle?), but they are extremely limited. We have 25 for sale.

what's low about it? they have extra copies of the record without jackets, they want to sell it with jackets. Nobody is forcing you to buy every single version of the record that is released.

I don't buy that they have extra records without jackets. They keep looking for excuses to come out with different covers. It seems like any opportunity they can get there is a new cover for it.

Like I said, I love these guys and I have not stopped spinning this record since I got it but this is getting out of hand.

what's low about it? they have extra copies of the record without jackets, they want to sell it with jackets. Nobody is forcing you to buy every single version of the record that is released.

I don't buy that they have extra records without jackets. They keep looking for excuses to come out with different covers. It seems like any opportunity they can get there is a new cover for it.

Like I said, I love these guys and I have not stopped spinning this record since I got it but this is getting out of hand.

There's 5 copies of this record all together

4/test presses

50/tour presses (essentially test presses with different jackets)

25/Fest presses

40or50 (I don't recall) of these tour presses.

These never sold on tour because the jackets never made it to the band on time. Kyle has always said he likes doing art more than colored vinyl and I support that. He has to pay to get these jackets done (as opposed to just pressing a record on 1,000 colors which [barring crazy colors] doesn't cost anymore) and to me that's a better variant to have than 40 colors.

Look at it this way, most bands/labels start with 4 colors. This has just been spread out over a year. So it's more economical.

4/test presses

25/Fest presses

These never sold on tour because the jackets never made it to the band on time. Kyle has always said he likes doing art more than colored vinyl and I support that. He has to pay to get these jackets done (as opposed to just pressing a record on 1,000 colors which [barring crazy colors] doesn't cost anymore) and to me that's a better variant to have than 40 colors.

Look at it this way, most bands/labels start with 4 colors. This has just been spread out over a year. So it's more economical.

Exactly. More importantly the art on the different jackets gives the records more personality than any color variant will. None of these covers cost any more or less than the normal version so why shouldn't they have fun with their release. I guarantee you that the band isn't getting rich off making covers.

4/test presses

25/Fest presses

Fair enough, when you put it that way it seems a little more reasonable. I completely understand the reasoning but to me it seemed like a way to take advantage of loyal fans by switching up covers to get rid of the remaining pressing.

Guest kylewilliam

i am a big fan of art, the entire packaging and presentation of a record is very important. we have done so many cover variants [4 now i believe] because of touring, the fest, and test presses, but most importantly for the love of the presentation. chase, i am sorry if you feel we are trying to sell more records by making variants, but truth be told, we just like art a lot.

this will be the last it's okay variant though, and expect our next record, whenever that ends up coming out, to be on 2 colours with 2 covers. im not much for crazy coloured vinyl, but different jackets, im totally on it.

Different jackets rule. So does IMTM.

ps Who wants to sell/give me a TP for this (/4). I gots all the other ones (the ones that KW extorted from me).

pps IMTM acoustic in Gainesville was saweeeet. Should have been more people there.

ppps KW: I am in Montreal. I got towed in Toronto, so its going to be hard for me to say its better than here.