Wanted Pressed: TEXT - TEXT

yahhey07

Anyone who has partaken in this ex-refused audio experimentation will understand the need for this to be on vinyl. Although it received no where near the amount of acclaim as Refused, TEXT presents conceptual, lyrical, and even audible challenges to what music can and can't be... this isn't my space for an interpretation of the album, but please, if you haven't checked it out, do so... and then ask for it on vinyl... has the potential for great artwork/packaging.

THanks

it's all of Refused minus denis playing a watered down and less cohesive version of what they did on Shape of Punk to Come. the guys do deserve all the respect in the world for what they made...but this record wanders between boring and noodley-fucking around way too much.

too much filler, not enough rock.

I think the thing I enjoyed about Refused (especially "The Shape of Punk to Come") is that it wasn't out of the box hard to listen to. It was new and different but it definitely keep a hold to hooks, melody and had some decent pop sensibility. That's not to say it was radio friendly but I was 18 or 17 when it came out and far less experimental musically than I am now and I loved it right out of the gate. It would be hard for this band to match that.

I think the thing I enjoyed about Refused (especially "The Shape of Punk to Come") is that it wasn't out of the box hard to listen to. It was new and different but it definitely keep a hold to hooks, melody and had some decent pop sensibility. That's not to say it was radio friendly but I was 18 or 17 when it came out and far less experimental musically than I am now and I loved it right out of the gate. It would be hard for this band to match that.

you're correct that this record is weird. it's not bad, it is an ok subsitute for those of us longing for "what if refused didn't break up" material...but in the end this sounds like all the bullshit material they could have cut out of the Shape sessions.

If you're really that hard up for new refused material, buy the Rise's albums(Virgil released one..the other on Ferret I think) or find the Sex Positions LP...those are far better and will satisfy anyone looking for new songs that Refused didn't write, but could have.

Listen to this as a non-refused related album, read the lyrics, check the site (http://www.textsite.tk/), and forget about "out of the box playability," and then rethink the quality (?) of this. The poppiness is not conventional, the hardcore is refined, the instrumentation is deep, the Collages Desertes spoken word cites innumerable aspects of history, culture, literature, philosophy, etc... The production is challenging...

perhaps i get too worked up on this, but give it a chance...

refused is an entire argument in itself, so take it elsewhere