GH World Tour/ Rock Band 2 Question

I know there's been other threads about this, but hell if I can find them:

Anyway, I need some help deciding what setup to get for my 360. I like the GH guitars way better than RB, but I don't know what drum kit to get. I've heard RB2 drum kits are the best. I also heard that the bass pedal for one game's kit doesn't work for the other game, which would be super lame. Anybody have any advice? The games themselves don't matter because I'll end up getting them both, but I want to have the preferred equipment.

Rock Band 2, no question. Here's why...

1) Have you used the new Rock Band 2 guitars? I thought Guitar Heroes were better, but my g/f got me a wireless RB2 guitar for Valentine's Day and it is the best fake plastic guitar yet! You can plug your drum pedal into it and activate star power. The solo buttons are great for getting a bigger score on the finales. One of my favorite parts is that you can use it to automatically sync your HDTV with the built in speaker. The Guitar Hero World Tour guitar is nice, but trust me, the RB2 one is the best.

2) Downloads. Guitar Hero releases a song here and there. Rock Band releases from 3 songs up to a full album EVERY week. I think I have almost 300 songs for this game now and it really helps give the game more life.

3) Drums. This is what really sucks about these games right now. I still have my Rock Band 1 drums and I'm very happy w/ them. They haven't broke and they work great. I put the silencer pads on them and they help. The Rock Band 2 drums are great, they feel fantastic when you hit them and they're not very noisy. Guitar Hero's drums are great too, I'd say they're on par w/ RB2's. The main difference is that they're set up differently. Without the cymbal add-on for RB2's I don't think you can play GH w/ them. Playing RB w/ GH's drums is very confusing because they're setup differently.

4) Harmonix who makes Rock Band made the 1st Guitar Hero games. They're the innovators.

The drums are what I'm really worried about, I just want to make sure I get the set that's compatible with both. The color order is different on each kit?

Take a look at the pictures of them and you'll see what I mean.

Rock Band's drums are setup like this:

() () () ()

Where as Guitar Heroes look like this:

() ()

() () ()

i have had every guitar hero/rock band game since guitar hero I. guitar hero III was alright, but i never played again once i got rock band. i got rb2, loved it, bought gh IV for the songs, and feel like i wasted $50. don't bother with guitar hero WT. it's a piece of shit game. the music is decent, but the game just sucks. go with RB2 and spend that extra money on tracks. GH support sucks, if anything breaks. everything about RB2 is just better.

i have had every guitar hero/rock band game since guitar hero I. guitar hero III was alright, but i never played again once i got rock band. i got rb2, loved it, bought gh IV for the songs, and feel like i wasted $50. don't bother with guitar hero WT. it's a piece of shit game. the music is decent, but the game just sucks. go with RB2 and spend that extra money on tracks. GH support sucks, if anything breaks. everything about RB2 is just better.

That's another good point. The Support. When my RB guitar broke, the original one, they sent me a new one almost instantly and I sent my broken one back. When my GH3 guitar broke Activision told me to get lost.

1) Have you used the new Rock Band 2 guitars? I thought Guitar Heroes were better, but my g/f got me a wireless RB2 guitar for Valentine's Day and it is the best fake plastic guitar yet! You can plug your drum pedal into it and activate star power. The solo buttons are great for getting a bigger score on the finales. One of my favorite parts is that you can use it to automatically sync your HDTV with the built in speaker. The Guitar Hero World Tour guitar is nice, but trust me, the RB2 one is the best.

2) Downloads. Guitar Hero releases a song here and there. Rock Band releases from 3 songs up to a full album EVERY week. I think I have almost 300 songs for this game now and it really helps give the game more life.

3) Drums. This is what really sucks about these games right now. I still have my Rock Band 1 drums and I'm very happy w/ them. They haven't broke and they work great. I put the silencer pads on them and they help. The Rock Band 2 drums are great, they feel fantastic when you hit them and they're not very noisy. Guitar Hero's drums are great too, I'd say they're on par w/ RB2's. The main difference is that they're set up differently. Without the cymbal add-on for RB2's I don't think you can play GH w/ them. Playing RB w/ GH's drums is very confusing because they're setup differently.

4) Harmonix who makes Rock Band made the 1st Guitar Hero games. They're the innovators.

I personally prefer the Guitar Hero guitar. Something about the Rock Band ones I don't like.

The downloads are nice, if you're into spending $2 a song on music you don't even like (or at least I don't, for all I know you may).

As for the drums, I find the Guitar Hero set up by default a lot easier to use than Rock Band's. If you go out and buy Rock Band cymbals, maybe it changes, but I figure you're spending enough on the game as it is, it's kind of dumb to have to immediately buy attachments.

I made this exact thread like 3 months ago. If you search, a lot of people gave input.

I personally prefer the Guitar Hero guitar. Something about the Rock Band ones I don't like.

The downloads are nice, if you're into spending $2 a song on music you don't even like (or at least I don't, for all I know you may).

As for the drums, I find the Guitar Hero set up by default a lot easier to use than Rock Band's. If you go out and buy Rock Band cymbals, maybe it changes, but I figure you're spending enough on the game as it is, it's kind of dumb to have to immediately buy attachments.

I made this exact thread like 3 months ago. If you search, a lot of people gave input.

You must have limited tastes if you don't like the DLC.

Or I just don't like the DLC songs, for the most part? It's not like the DLC is so diverse to the point where it covers every genre under the sun.

The first game that lets you make your own songs is a game that I'll buy.

Or I just don't like the DLC songs, for the most part? It's not like the DLC is so diverse to the point where it covers every genre under the sun.

The first game that lets you make your own songs is a game that I'll buy.

You can make your own songs in Guitar Hero, it's junk.

I believe Harmonix is working on something much more advance, but that's just rumors.