Kath and Kim...

When my friends from Australia came to visit.....they were disgusted to see an ad for the American Kath and Kim. Said it just didn't make sense.

Just sayin.

I got into the Australian show, which is fucking great btw. I gave this one a chance the other night and it's ridiculous. It's a disgrace to the Australian show and I can understand whey they are pissed about it

Why don't American networks just run the original fucking program rather than buying a licence and making the American version? I know the did this with The Office and it worked pretty well but it's still not got anything on the British original.

Same reason Americans don't like black Jesus. Unless it's exactly like them, they can't relate and don't like it. The original Office was far superior to the US version until the US version started branching out and making it's own stories.

But man...I love Selma Blair but now everytime I think of here it's in that damn awful show.

Why don't American networks just run the original fucking program rather than buying a licence and making the American version? I know the did this with The Office and it worked pretty well but it's still not got anything on the British original.

The entire run of the original Office had only what, 12 episodes and a series finale special? It wouldn't make too much sense to bring over a show knowing it would only have 12 episodes, despite how popular it gets. Every season of the US Office after season 1 has had more episodes in one season than the entire series of the original. Besides, they were able to put a recognizable American actor in the show which helped create more of an audience. I’m not saying I disagree with you entirely, sometimes it would make sense to air the original series of a show rather than license it, but in the case of the Office I don’t think that made much sense.

Guest naytoid

The Aus version gets tired after a few episodes, I have yet to see an episode of the American version. I want to, even if it's only for John Michael Higgins

yes.

Like when NBC bought that other amazing funny british show called Coupling and screwed that one up.