So this is happening. (Gaslight Anthem content)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come back to Chattanooga. We finally have an all ages venue.

wait, what? seriously? where, and how big and is it christian related? when we break up it will be on two seperate weekends. one for chattanooga and the other for erie. then we will be done. we have to come back

it is Christian related, but not Christian. It isn't fathom (seriously fuck that place). They've had Shipwreck, Pulling Teeth, Saints Never Surrender, Title Fight, Sworn Enemy, and a bunch of other bands play there. http://www.myspace.com/warehousetn

If you do a weekend man play there, and then play a fucking house show. Getting hit in the face by a ceiling fan and pizza while crowd surfing fucking RULES.

this article won't change the fact that they're probably one of the most overrated-overhyped bands of this decade. they do nothing interesting, they're pretty bland and boring.

You've just pretty summed up 90% of the music being played at the current time. If you're so concerned with being "original" bust out the sitars and the pan flutes and rock the shit.

Oh and your "fact" is opinion and should be labeled as such. For fuck sake, just let people enjoy the band and not have to worry about picking apart every act like a figure skater with points awarded in different categories. At the very least they write damn good songs. Whether the music around them is Springstein derivative or not doesn't much matter. I mean shit, the Beatles stole a ton of their early stuff but no one bitches and moans about that; same for Elvis.

This whole "originality" shit goes too far sometimes. Its like you can't enjoy a band before you go through some mental masturbation about how original they are, who they are "ripping off" or how many tats their drummer has. Its fucking dumb. If you like the music, you like the music. Who cares why, how, when or anything else. Music is about being enjoyed and having a good time.

this article won't change the fact that they're probably one of the most overrated-overhyped bands of this decade. they do nothing interesting, they're pretty bland and boring.

You've just pretty summed up 90% of the music being played at the current time. If you're so concerned with being "original" bust out the sitars and the pan flutes and rock the shit.

Oh and your "fact" is opinion and should be labeled as such. For fuck sake, just let people enjoy the band and not have to worry about picking apart every act like a figure skater with points awarded in different categories. At the very least they write damn good songs. Whether the music around them is Springstein derivative or not doesn't much matter. I mean shit, the Beatles stole a ton of their early stuff but no one bitches and moans about that; same for Elvis.

This whole "originality" shit goes too far sometimes. It likes you can't enjoy a band before you go through some mental masturbation about how original they are, who they are "ripping off" or how many tats their drummer has. Its fucking dumb. If you like the music, you like the music. Who cares why, how, when or anything else. Music is about being enjoyed and having a good time.

YES

wait, what? seriously? where, and how big and is it christian related? when we break up it will be on two seperate weekends. one for chattanooga and the other for erie. then we will be done. we have to come back

it is Christian related, but not Christian. It isn't fathom (seriously fuck that place). They've had Shipwreck, Pulling Teeth, Saints Never Surrender, Title Fight, Sworn Enemy, and a bunch of other bands play there. http://www.myspace.com/warehousetn

If you do a weekend man play there, and then play a fucking house show. Getting hit in the face by a ceiling fan and pizza while crowd surfing fucking RULES.

WAIT. you were at that show?!!? best night ever. Do they still do shows there? Did they ever fix that ceiling fan? Oh man, that was quiet a night.

do you know Tyler at all? Is he still in Chattanooga? Whenever this happens you can count on two shows in one night. I want the other show to be at Ziggy's bar, hahahahaha. But if it can't be, then we'll jam the new venue!

Sorry, poor choice of words. Just saying that every magazine makes errors in every issue, from things as small as misplaced punctuation to bigger gaffes like this. It happens. Nothing but love for your mag; I was at your SXSW party on Friday and it ruled. Cancer Bats destroyed!

no worries man, i must admit we did once have some copy drop out of a feature once that left a sentence reading "... tonight Korn will play leading Nazi war criminals...". Shit could not have been more perfect. Glad you enjoyed the party, i've heard similar reports of it being awesome, wish someone would ship me over there one year.

Along the same lines, we once used a font which rendered an "s" very similar to a swastika, only reversed. We assumed no one would notice. We were so, so, so wrong.

WAIT. you were at that show?!!? best night ever. Do they still do shows there? Did they ever fix that ceiling fan? Oh man, that was quiet a night.

do you know Tyler at all? Is he still in Chattanooga? Whenever this happens you can count on two shows in one night. I want the other show to be at Ziggy's bar, hahahahaha. But if it can't be, then we'll jam the new venue!

Tyler with the Jesus Zombie tattoo? yes! my lady just tattooed his lady. Dude is still around. they don't do shows anymore sadly. can't imagine why.... ;) ziggys is still around though. :)

I love WonkaVision. I'm hoping I can score an internship with them or something when the time comes.

I am extremely stoked for this upcoming issue of AP though. I was haven't been this excited to get my hands on an issue since...hmmm it's been a little while, then again I was very excited for the Thursday cover...it's just sad they got some of their thunder stolen by BMTH.

And on the subject of the design/photography, I have a lot of issues with the photography/design of AP, but like Scott said, he doesn't have any control over that at all. I'm extra nitpicky since I've been trained to do so...since it's kind of what I want to do for a living. I've always been more into really clean layouts to begin with though. I still pick it up almost every month because there are articles that totally make up for it.

Tyler with the Jesus Zombie tattoo? yes! my lady just tattooed his lady. Dude is still around. they don't do shows anymore sadly. can't imagine why.... ;) ziggys is still around though. :)

thats the one! best tattoo ever, hahahahaha. Is he still with Meredith from Birmingham? was our show at that house the last? now i feel bad for just randomly pulling the fan out of the ceiling.

thats the one! best tattoo ever, hahahahaha. Is he still with Meredith from Birmingham? was our show at that house the last? now i feel bad for just randomly pulling the fan out of the ceiling.

Yes sir he is. I think they might have done another one after that, but if they didn't it was because some drunk kid stole some of their shit, not the fan. Everyone thought the fan shit was funny.

Yes sir he is. I think they might have done another one after that, but if they didn't it was because some drunk kid stole some of their shit, not the fan. Everyone thought the fan shit was funny.

Loki, start checking your mailbox. Package went out yesterday.

good! we have video of it somewhere, of me just suddenly holding a fan in my hand and handing it off to someone, hahahaha. where else do they do house shows at now in chattanooga?

Loki, start checking your mailbox. Package went out yesterday.

stoked. thanks a ton dude.

good! we have video of it somewhere, of me just suddenly holding a fan in my hand and handing it off to someone, hahahaha. where else do they do house shows at now in chattanooga?

We've still got antartica but thats really kind of it right now. Super lame.