Guest nickman

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest streetcore
ok so did anyone get theirs yet?

i hadn't heard they were shipped yet. it would be nice of Pat to give us an update.

last i heard was.

2008-05-03

BARONESS "Red Album" 2xLP update.

We hit yet another snag, but things are fixed and moving right along. The band will, without fail, have copies of the vinyl with them on the Canada tour with Coheed and Cambria. Preorders will start shipping within the next two weeks. At some point before the ship date, more copies will be made available for mailorder. Thank you everyone for your patience. We apologize again for the delays.

yup.

it has been a while but it will be worth the wait

I don't doubt that. I moved past the "impatient" stage at the end of January. I have given up to the fact that it will get to me eventually...

I just get a little bummed out whenever I update my "Incoming Vinyl" text file and see it sitting there at the top of the list...

Nothing but this will be on my table for at least a full week after it shows up!

i heard they are taking so long due to something real real limited.

a few people will be stoked to find a new cartridge needle for your record player in your package. this is rare because the needles are made of john's beard hair and only 5 were hand made. the catch is that it will only play the baroness red album. if you try to play any other record with this needle it will turn that record into the red album. just sayin...."bruthaz is pullin some magic out they asses on this one."

a few people will be stoked to find a new cartridge needle for your record player in your package. this is rare because the needles are made of john's beard hair and only 5 were hand made. the catch is that it will only play the baroness red album. if you try to play any other record with this needle it will turn that record into the red album. just sayin...."bruthaz is pullin some magic out they asses on this one."

really ?

???

naw ..... fuck wouldnt that be awesome? So stoked that this record should/will be in my hands soon.

Deathwish records(order will be at your house in seconds) has spoiled the hardcore kids to death. Before all this internet presale blah blah stuff you just had to find ads in zines and or on flyers from shows...and you would have to snail mail cash/money order to the label. At that point you just waited and when it came, it came. This has taken a long time but at least we can get some kinda update. Thats good enough for me. At least this wasnt the preorders for the 2nd Infest LP that they took preorders for millions of years ago....people are still waiting for it in the mail.(preorder money taken=kept the money and never pressed the records. thanks INFEST. haahaaa(now years later you can get it but with the vocals records a few years ago. =/

Actually, there were 8 of those needles made and it'll turn anything not Red Album into Led Zeppelin IV. No, really, this LP is almost done. Every single part of this record fucked up at some point along the way and had to be redone, re-redone and in some cases re-re-redone. Right now everything is finally right and it should be ready to ship in a few days. I'll post here the second I get word.

hey Hyperrealist, since you're being so forthcoming with info right now, how about shedding some light on a timeframe for the First and Second represses? are they still happening?

Yes, they are! I've just decided not to talk too much too soon anymore. I'm better off announcing records a little later, it seems. We're working on the repress right now - both EPs will be re-released together on one LP/CD and should be done by mid/late June in time for the band's next trip to Europe. Its getting remastered, the art is nearly complete and we're just getting the packaging squared away. I'm guessing the CD will be ready in June and the vinyl in July.

hey Hyperrealist, since you're being so forthcoming with info right now, how about shedding some light on a timeframe for the First and Second represses? are they still happening?

Yes, they are! I've just decided not to talk too much too soon anymore. I'm better off announcing records a little later, it seems. We're working on the repress right now - both EPs will be re-released together on one LP/CD and should be done by mid/late June in time for the band's next trip to Europe. Its getting remastered, the art is nearly complete and we're just getting the packaging squared away. I'm guessing the CD will be ready in June and the vinyl in July.

well, that sounds pretty nifty. nice to see a repress that offers something a little beyond a pretty color.