VC Label of the Month: IT'S ALIVE RECORDS

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Congratulations It's Alive Records, you are our April Vinyl Collective Label of the month. Those of you unfamiliar with It's Alive, they have been one of the best labels putting out pop-punk having released records by the Copyrights, Teenage Bottlerocket, Chinese Telephones, Dopamines, The Manges, The Apers, and more. It's Alive have long been commiitted to the vinyl format as nearly every one of their releases has seen a pressing on wax. The label is proud to exist in the underground and is thrilled to introduce the world to new bands.

I am honored to bring you this interview we did with Adam Ali of It's Alive Records. Please read on as Adam discusses the start of his label, thoughts on vinyl variants, why he presses/collects vinyl, bands he would love to work with, and more.

The timing of this feature could not come at a more perfect time as It's Alive has 6 releases coming out in May:

The Dazes / The Wimpys "Greeting From Japan" split 7"

The Manges "Rocket To Hollywood" 12" - live album, vinyl only

Barrakuda McMurder "Slow Crawl" 7" - basically The Steinways with a new name

The Copyrights / The Methadones split 12" - previously only available on CD

The Copyrights / The Dopamines "Songs About Fucking Up" split 7"

The Gateway District "Some Days You Get The Thunder" CD/LP - Maren from the Soviettes, Carrie from the Salteens, with Brad and Nate from Rivethead... Minneapolis gold!

We are really excited about all of these. Thanks Adam for taking the time to do this interview and congralations on being our Vinyl Collective label of the month.

http://www.vinylcollective.com/2009/04/02/vinyl-collective-label-of-the-month-its-alive-records/

I have yet to be disappointed by any release they have put out. I have said it before but It's alive has to be one of my favorite labels. definitely Looking forward to the upcoming releases.

Yeah, I'm at the point that I can just buy any release from It's Alive and rest assured that I will like it, even if I am unfamiliar with the band. Also looking forward to the new releases.

Copyrights / Methadones split LP is a co-release with UC too.

edit: also, Adam is a sweet dude. His label rules.

Glad to see that you are involved in this one Justin! Congrats!

Yeah It's pretty cool, Adam asked the Copyrights guys about the idea and they were ok with it...and when I called Adam, he was just so enthusiastic about it, he was like, this will be awesome, cause I'm like the Copyrights vinyl label and you're the Methadones vinyl label so it'd be cool to team up and put it out together!

yay! I love doing co-releases and making new friends out of it!

Copyrights / Methadones split LP is a co-release with UC too.

edit: also, Adam is a sweet dude. His label rules.

Awesome. So this will still be obnoxiously neon green, right?

Because I'm going to set it out next to my copy of Fake Problems' How Far... LP and see if I go blind.

no, it should be neon pink. or maybe tricolored with neon green/neon pink/ and black.

actually, the color scheme has be changed to something slightly less long term-retina damaging... :)

i love the gateway district. the s/t 7'' hasn't left my rotation since i got it.

yeah that shits good, if you havent checked out rivethead you should. i just got those records a few weeks ago and i love them. good stuff.

yeah rivethead is awesome as well. i just wish they had more tunes. i got "cheap wine of youth" and "city sound seven" both of which rule.

yeah that shits good, if you havent checked out rivethead you should. i just got those records a few weeks ago and i love them. good stuff.

yeah rivethead is awesome as well. i just wish they had more tunes. i got "cheap wine of youth" and "city sound seven" both of which rule.

I love Rivethead! I need to check out The Gateway District, hadn't heard a word about them! don't forget the other Soviettes offspring Awesome Snakes and France Has The Bomb.

I love Rivethead! I need to check out The Gateway District, hadn't heard a word about them! don't forget the other Soviettes offspring Awesome Snakes and France Has The Bomb.

yeah dude, check out the gateway district, so fucking good, the 7'' is on Rock Bottom. i saw the awesome snakes open for this bike is a pipe bomb at the triple rock, they were awesome, haven't heard france has the bomb, what do they sound like?

yeah dude, check out the gateway district, so fucking good, the 7'' is on Rock Bottom. i saw the awesome snakes open for this bike is a pipe bomb at the triple rock, they were awesome, haven't heard france has the bomb, what do they sound like?

FHTB has more of a garage rock/punk sound. check them out on myspace. 2 7"s. Hideo from Sweet JAP is in the band too. thanks for making me look at their page, they're playing with Quintron next week! ;)

http://www.myspace.com/francehasthebomb

Adam is such a sweet dude. It's Alive is definitely one of the best labels out there right now.

Seriously, if you guys haven't heard the Gateway District please check them out. I hadn't heard them until a few weeks back when Adam mentioned them to me but I haven't stopped listening to them ever since.