Opeth - The Wooden Box 6xLP wooden box set

OMGVinyl:

Opeth - The Wooden Box

Uh, this thing is pretty intense/awesome. Viva Hate posted news about the forthcoming box-set from silky-haired prog-metal masterminds Opeth sometime last year and I have been patiently awaiting proof of its existence ever since. Well, it looks like the hour is at hand and “The Wooden Box” is ready for mass consumption. At $175, its obviously pretty extravagant, here’s the rundown from the label.

“Opeth - 6xLP hand numbered wooden box

[*:9n3593eo]A massive handnumbered wooden box with printed details on it
    [*:9n3593eo]An exclusive box shirt design (first 400 customers only)
    [*:9n3593eo]An OPETH LOGO STENCIL
    [*:9n3593eo]6x 180g Vinyl on wonderful WHITE VINYL ltd.200!!!
    [*:9n3593eo]A alternate artwork containing embossed logo artwork and decent album details printed on transparent paper

This box contains Opeth’s first three albums “Orchid”, “Morningrise” and “My Arms Your Hearse”. This is where everything began… HURRY, those will be gone fast!”

Considering what other prog-metal outfits have charged for similar boxsets (I’m looking at you Mastodon) this is actually a pretty fair bargain. No word yet on whether or not Hot Topic will be carrying an exclusive vinyl color… check out more pics and ordering details at vivahaterecords.com: http://www.vivahaterecords.com/shop/index.php?controller=home

[image]

well guys, just a word of warning regarding Viva Hate. i STILL havent got both the Pelican records I ordered. paid them last June and still no gray marble version. no answers to my emails. no answers to my request for refund or to the whereabouts of my record.

wouldnt trust these clowns as far as i could throw them. so, me, i;m defo not getting this thing from them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
well guys, just a word of warning regarding Viva Hate. i STILL havent got both the Pelican records I ordered. paid them last June and still no gray marble version. no answers to my emails. no answers to my request for refund or to the whereabouts of my record.

wouldnt trust these clowns as far as i could throw them. so, me, i;m defo not getting this thing from them.

Sums up my experience with them exactly. Did you ever receive your records or even get a reply to your enquiries, celebdeath?

Sums up my experience with them exactly. Did you ever receive your records or even get a reply to your enquiries, celebdeath?

yeah, i should've updated my post. i received the record last week. it was slightly damaged due to shipping but it was eventually received - after numerous emails from me asking about it. fact is though, they should;ve sent it with the other one i received from them back in february, as i ordered them at the same time and they were for the same damn record, just 2 of the different variants.

at least the records did arrive eh! still wont order anything from them again. stress is too much, especially when there's big money riding on it.